To the coach of the SMNLL that we played tonight..

xobxdoc

I thought I'd seen it all in the 9 years my son has been playing little league. But what you did after tonight's game at Chancellor's Run was one of the nicest gestures I have seen in those 9 years.
Coach Pops came up to my son and shook his hand and congratulated him on a great pitching effort. He also handed my son a $2 bill and on it written, " Congratulation, 5 shutout innings, Player of the Game".
It made my son's night, and mine too.
Thank you, Coach Pops.

amjx3

He did the same thing for our son. I left the game early that night and when my son came home it was all he would talk about. Coach Pops left an impression on him and on us. He is definitely in it for the kids. Thank you Coach Pops!

jg21

I thought I'd seen it all in the 9 years my son has been playing little league. But what you did after tonight's game at Chancellor's Run was one of the nicest gestures I have seen in those 9 years.
Coach Pops came up to my son and shook his hand and congratulated him on a great pitching effort. He also handed my son a $2 bill and on it written, " Congratulation, 5 shutout innings, Player of the Game".
Thank you, Coach Pops.

Very nice; but unfortunately your son's now a professional athlete and will never pitch in college. Damn NCAA.

xobxdoc

Very nice; but unfortunately your son's now a professional athlete and will never pitch in college. Damn NCAA.

He's not worried. He just assumes the Phillies and the Orioles will fight over him in his senior year at Calvert.

inkah

Thank you, Coach Pops.

My kid has gotten a few $2 bills from Coach Pops. Good man he is! Whole family, in fact. We cant wait to play for him again next season! :)