Arrest near First Colony today...

TivoNut

So I'm sitting at the stop light across from Pier 1 on 235 heading south around 3:15 today, when a Sheriff's car pulls into the intersection and stops traffic. A minute or so later, a dark blue Ford F-150 with Marine emblems in both sides of the rear window pulls up on the left side, followed by 3 more Sheriff's cars.

They're two lanes to my left, and 2 cars ahead of me (so about 30 feet away). The deputies jump out of their cars, weapons drawn, and rush the truck. They opened the passenger side, then opened the driver's side, pulled the guy out, onto the ground, and handcuffed him.

A minute or so later the Sheriff's let traffic move again, so we left.

And I can't find any reference to it here or on Bay Net?

Anyone have any idea what the heck that was all about?!

Danzig

And I can't find any reference to it here or on Bay Net?

Anyone have any idea what the heck that was all about?!

I doubt you will see it on the bay net, but you will see the exclusive photos and the full story on SMNEWSNET.com

I will post the link as soon as the story goes up.

I was waiting on a quote from Sheriff Cameron, we had to block out the faces of the undercover cops, and we were waiting for the charges to be filed.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Suicidal subject with psychiatric issues, highspeed chase, threatened to shoot cops, headed towards Point Lookout, taken into custody around 3:00 PM at 235 & First Colony Road --- sound familiar?

Twitter - Somd Wx & News feed.

TivoNut

Thanks Danzig, I'll keep my eyes open for the article.

TwinOaks, I can't speak to his mental state, but the time and location sound about right.

Thanks.

twinoaks207

Having Fun!
Thanks Danzig, I'll keep my eyes open for the article.

TwinOaks, I can't speak to his mental state, but the time and location sound about right.

Thanks.

Me neither. That's just what somd wx & news was tweeting. If that's what was going on, I'm sending prayers because it sounds like he desperately needs them and some help.

If you have a Twitter account, they are worth following.

Danzig

That's just what somd wx & news was tweeting.
If you have a Twitter account, they are worth following.

I gave up on somd wx & news when their Facebook page thought it was appropriate to give details of a pregnant woman who died of an overdose. I'm glad their Facebook is gone.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
I gave up on somd wx & news when their Facebook page thought it was appropriate to give details of a pregnant woman who died of an overdose. I'm glad their Facebook is gone.

Oh yeah.....I remember that. Didn't realize their FB was gone but no wonder I haven't seen posts from them! Not that I have any respect for a pregnant druggie but I'm sure her family was devastated enough without the spotlight on her.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Wasn't somd wx also the one that the Leonardtown fireman on here was heavily pushing but they kept tweeting inaccurate info?

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I heard the guy in the pickup just left the little store in Budds Creek with 2 boxes of fresh homemade Amish doughnuts. They picked up his scent around Clements and they followed him until he got on 235. They didn't want to take any chances on hurting the donuts..Had to wait til just the right time..

BernieP

Resident PIA
So I'm sitting at the stop light across from Pier 1 on 235 heading south around 3:15 today, when a Sheriff's car pulls into the intersection and stops traffic. A minute or so later, a dark blue Ford F-150 with Marine emblems in both sides of the rear window pulls up on the left side, followed by 3 more Sheriff's cars.

Interesting, I was headed north on 235 in the morning (before noon) and just as I was about to pull out of CPFCU onto 235 a deputy went flying by, shortly followed by two more deputies this time with lights and sirens.

Just north of the First Colony light there were two vehicles pulled over in the turn lane, the deputies were around the lead vehicle, a dark SUV, they had the driver door open and from the stance of the deputy it didn't look like it was a casual stop. The second vehicle was a mommy van, lighter color, stopped a couple of car lengths behind. I was paying more attention to the road and traffic to notice if either vehicle was damaged. Deputies' cars were partially in the right lane which made for a clear view as I passed by.

OldHillcrestGuy

Suicidal subject with psychiatric issues, highspeed chase, threatened to shoot cops, headed towards Point Lookout, taken into custody around 3:00 PM at 235 & First Colony Road --- sound familiar?

Twitter - Somd Wx & News feed.

This started in Charles County, he was followed all the way down the road by a unmarked Charles deputy. The speeds I heard when I heard parts of it on the scanner were 35-45 mph. In the area of Wildwood.

Hank

my war
I heard the guy in the pickup just left the little store in Budds Creek with 2 boxes of fresh homemade Amish doughnuts. They picked up his scent around Clements and they followed him until he got on 235. They didn't want to take any chances on hurting the donuts..Had to wait til just the right time..

womp womp

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

I remember reading something about that on here. I didn't follow them on Facebook. The Twitter feed seems to be fairly low-key. I'll keep an eye on it now -- thanks for the heads-up.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
With no sleep the past few days my reading comprehension is not doing to good.

The arrest I got today was in a similar location but a few hours earlier. Anyway, here it is --> Wal-Mart Purse Snatcher Caught and Released | Southern Maryland News Net

And he's at it again:

Wal-Mart Purse Snatcher at it Again | Southern Maryland News Net

Carl Joseph Siegel Jr, 27 of Huntingtown is wanted by the Maryland State Police for assaulting a woman and small child in Lexington Park.

On Tuesday November 27, at approximately 5:00p.m., a woman called 911 to report being assaulted, and robbed of $200. Investigation revealed that Siegel, had injured a woman during a scuffle while she was trying to get her money back. Siegel then assaulted a small child and fled the scene.

Yeah, how's the "catch & release" mentality working out? :coffee:

jetmonkey

Carl Joseph Siegel Jr was released by a District Court Commissioner on Personal Recognizance before we could get this article up.

Wasn't he on Personal Recognizance when he stole the purse? :confused: