Dear Heather and T-Bone

BernieP

Resident PIA
Please don't take this as a rant, I really do enjoy the banter each morning, whether I agree with you (Heather) or not. ;)

But today you committed a foul, you passed along bad information.

In your talk about education (and I will admit I don't know how you got here), you (Heather) were proud to state that putting a man on the moon was the product of a liberal president.

OH HOW WRONG YOU ARE.

John F Kennedy was not only not a liberal, he did not like liberals. One of his best friends was Richard Nixon - up until the 1960 election.

JFK was very much a hawk, an anti-communist and his economic policies were emulated by conservatice republicans that followed - he cut taxes to stimulate the economy. Probably his most enduring legacy was the challenge he made to put a man on the moon by the end of the decade. It was a spark that kicked the tech secotr using NASA to fund some of the initial research.

Just wanted to correct that "myth".

LBJ, well the school is out. LBJ was a politician first and foremost, bying votes was his prime consideration, not a liberal agenda.

As for education and the problesm with the education in the uS today, maybe T's theory of retro education.

Talking to teacher freinds they can give you a list, but the math teachers will really support T here, they get students in middle school who can't do basic math. But we are going to teach them calculus?

The best thing we could do for the kids in school is (a) go back to basics (as T suggests) and (b) student accountability.

As a parent it wasn't my job to do their homework, it was my job to make sure they had the environment adn the tools to complete their assignments and study. I was my job to be present to answer questions and provide help - WHEN ASKED. But it was not my job to do the work.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
“I'll have those ######s voting Democratic for the next 200 years."

I'ma call LBJ NOT a liberal.

And the first man to step foot on the moon was Neil Armstrong in 1969. Kennedy had been dead for almost 6 years by then. So not only was Kennedy not a liberal, he also didn't "put" a man on the moon.

Toxick

Splat
Please don't take this as a rant, I really do enjoy the banter each morning, whether I agree with you (Heather) or not. ;)

In your talk about education (and I will admit I don't know how you got here), you (Heather) were proud to state that putting a man on the moon was the product of a liberal president.

OH HOW WRONG YOU ARE.

John F Kennedy was not only not a liberal, he did not like liberals. One of his best friends was Richard Nixon - up until the 1960 election.

JFK was very much a hawk, an anti-communist and his economic policies were emulated by conservatice republicans that followed - he cut taxes to stimulate the economy. Probably his most enduring legacy was the challenge he made to put a man on the moon by the end of the decade. It was a spark that kicked the tech secotr using NASA to fund some of the initial research.

I yelled something very similar to this at my poor radio this morning.

I dropped more F-Bombs though.

Then put on my MP3 player and rocked some Pantera.

joedancer

bookman
“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” -John F Kennedy, from Profiles in Courage

BernieP

Resident PIA
“I'll have those ######s voting Democratic for the next 200 years."

I'ma call LBJ NOT a liberal.

And the first man to step foot on the moon was Neil Armstrong in 1969. Kennedy had been dead for almost 6 years by then. So not only was Kennedy not a liberal, he also didn't "put" a man on the moon.

To ansewr questions
1. No, I didn't dial in, calling while driving is 911 only
2. No, didn't realize they had a facebook and I just recalled (accuracy freak)
3. Love him or hate him, the JFK put the wheels in motion, without him the program doesn't get the push start. Once going, and with the race being head to head with the Reds (I like that), LBJ wasn't about to defund it for his Great Society.
4. Which is why I'm not sure about LBJ, he was a crude, coarse politician. PERIOD. I'm not sure his "Great Society" was anyting more than an attempt to buy votes. He certainly wasn't a dove.

But LBJ probably did more harm than good to the economy, he was a throw back toe FDR and his new deal. Which by the way, many economists say extended the depression rather than bring it to an end.

fatratcat

OH HOW WRONG YOU ARE.

Just wanted to correct that "myth".

LBJ, well the school is out. LBJ was a politician first and foremost, bying votes was his prime consideration, not a liberal agenda.

As for education and the problesm with the education in the uS today, maybe T's theory of retro education.

Talking to teacher freinds they can give you a list, but the math teachers will really support T here, they get students in middle school who can't do basic math. But we are going to teach them calculus?

The best thing we could do for the kids in school is (a) go back to basics (as T suggests) and (b) student accountability.

As a parent it wasn't my job to do their homework, it was my job to make sure they had the environment adn the tools to complete their assignments and study. I was my job to be present to answer questions and provide help - WHEN ASKED. But it was not my job to do the work.

Well said...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I like Heather but she is a bit of a dingbat and I have no real interest in her political musings.

BernieP

Resident PIA
I like Heather but she is a bit of a dingbat and I have no real interest in her political musings.

I find them amusing
Nice thing is she doesn't claim to be a rocket scientist.

Just accept that opinios are like A_holes, eveybody has one.

BOP

“If by a "Liberal" they mean someone who looks ahead and not behind, someone who welcomes new ideas without rigid reactions, someone who cares about the welfare of the people-their health, their housing, their schools, their jobs, their civil rights and their civil liberties-someone who believes we can break through the stalemate and suspicions that grip us in our policies abroad, if that is what they mean by a "Liberal", then I'm proud to say I'm a "Liberal.” -John F Kennedy, from Profiles in Courage

Today we call that a conservative.

Liberals are communistic, anti-American, racist, misogynistic, illegitimate offspring of drug-crazed hippies.

MarieB

Who are Heather and T-Bone?

presumably they are on some kind of morning radio show, but what is the format and what station

cheezgrits

Thought pirate
And she has the screeching voice of a hung over hag chain smoker.

But that's just me...

I listen to Elliot in the morning, so my radio intelligence isn't much better.

Cheeky1

Yae warsh wif' wutr
Liberals are communistic, anti-American, racist, misogynistic, illegitimate offspring of drug-crazed hippies.

You are not helping. This is the same bull#### that you might claim is outrageous coming from 'liberals'.

I am no friend of the progressive agenda, but by your choice to resort to blanket name-calling is giving that agenda its, very much appreciated, boost.

Stop it, please.