Apartments in Lexington Park

AllyS2

I am moving to lexington park in early Jan. and wanted to hear suggestions on where to live. I am looking for a small 1 bedroom/1 ba. and want to stay near the PAX navy base. When I asked for suggestions, a future co worker told me to stay away from Great Mills Rd.... but anyone have suggestions for safe living near the base for a single female?

and whats so bad about great mills rd?

rubyrox

I am moving to lexington park in early Jan. and wanted to hear suggestions on where to live. I am looking for a small 1 bedroom/1 ba. and want to stay near the PAX navy base. When I asked for suggestions, a future co worker told me to stay away from Great Mills Rd.... but anyone have suggestions for safe living near the base for a single female?

and whats so bad about great mills rd?

Before buying my house early this year I rented at Hickory Hills East for about a year (I too was trying to avoid Great Mills Rd. due to it's reputation in the area) I never had any safety concerns living at Hickory Hills and didn't have any big issues with the complex itself. I liked the location in relation to the base, restaurants, shopping etc. Good luck in your apartment hunting.

AllyS2

Before buying my house early this year I rented at Hickory Hills East for about a year (I too was trying to avoid Great Mills Rd. due to it's reputation in the area) I never had any safety concerns living at Hickory Hills and didn't have any big issues with the complex itself. I liked the location in relation to the base, restaurants, shopping etc. Good luck in your apartment hunting.

Thank you, I will take a look at this. Living alone and in a new state, I just want to try to stay in the safest area possible. I also hear the traffic is bad and don't want to stay to far out. Was looking at California MD as well.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
Thank you, I will take a look at this. Living alone and in a new state, I just want to try to stay in the safest area possible. I also hear the traffic is bad and don't want to stay to far out. Was looking at California MD as well.

To be honest, it doesn't matter if you're further out. The traffic is heavy during rush hour no matter whether you're 5 min from Pax of 15 min from Pax, you're going to have to deal with it. We live in Hollywood and are 5 min from Calif, Md....best advice I can give you is stay away from Calvert if traffic is a concern of yours, I go against the Pax traffic daily and somedays it's backed up for miles

Jeter3000

I live at The Greens- Page Not Found... About 3 minutes from gate 2. Been here for 4 years, never had a problem. Abberly Crest is across the street (Willows Rd.). Good luck!

AllyS2

To be honest, it doesn't matter if you're further out. The traffic is heavy during rush hour no matter whether you're 5 min from Pax of 15 min from Pax, you're going to have to deal with it. We live in Hollywood and are 5 min from Calif, Md....best advice I can give you is stay away from Calvert if traffic is a concern of yours, I go against the Pax traffic daily and somedays it's backed up for miles

Yea, I hear traffic will always be a problem. I hear California, MD is much nicer in terms of living, newer apartments?

AllyS2

I live at The Greens- Page Not Found... About 3 minutes from gate 2. Been here for 4 years, never had a problem. Abberly Crest is across the street (Willows Rd.). Good luck!

My future co workers told me to stay away from the Greens at all costs. I was considering those at first because the rent seemed cheaper then most...

AllyS2

Never had a problem living here. I wouldn't live here with my children if I didn't feel safe.

I didn't inquire further on why not to live there, but I guess I have to go by word of mouth right now since I am to far to see it in person.

C

czygvtwkr

I liaved at Queen Anne Apts off Great Mills Road for 5 years, never had a problem. Most people that say avoid great mills road are saying in code "There are too many black people there". The thing about southern maryland is you can have a drug infested trailer park right beside a McMansion subdivision where the houses go for $500k, so its not like there is a big difference.

AllyS2

I liaved at Queen Anne Apts off Great Mills Road for 5 years, never had a problem. Most people that say avoid great mills road are saying in code "There are too many black people there". The thing about southern maryland is you can have a drug infested trailer park right beside a McMansion subdivision where the houses go for $500k, so its not like there is a big difference.

I see, I am from Atlanta and we have quite a mix of people here. I'm not worried about skin color, I am worried about violent crimes/theft. I hate when people automatically assume blk ppl = crime.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I see, I am from Atlanta and we have quite a mix of people here. I'm not worried about skin color, I am worried about violent crimes/theft. I hate when people automatically assume blk ppl = crime.

Maybe it's only the people who live near blacks think this way :shrug: ..........