Pet Sitters

langjax

I just found out that PetSitters Unlimited was sold...I can't believe it! Kathee was soo good with my pets. My pets and I are going to miss her...has anyone heard of any other petsitting services.. I talked with the new owner of her business but it is not the same...

Thanks

Laura

seasquirt

Vermicious Knid
Awesome! Congrats on the babies! I love llamas, I think they've got such sweet faces. I'd like to bring my dog to you the next time he needs grooming (I usually bathe him myself, but I'm horrible at trimming the fur behind his ears and around his feet). Can you handle a jubilant, 100-pound golden retriever?

Oh, yeah, my clowns have laid eggs for the fourth time now. Their clutches seem to get bigger each time! I also had a large spawn of cerith snails (also in my saltwater tank). The babies are about the size of apple seeds, and look just like miniature adults!

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
Originally posted by appyday
Call Vicky at Corner Kritters in Leonardtown....301-475-5384 she is great...tell her Shelley B sent you...

Okay, where is this (I still have a hard time locating things)? And do they come to your house? If so are they bonded? Or do you have to do drop off? My problem is that i find myself having to work late "unexpectedly" and unless I can get hold of a neighbor my poor pup is screwed. So to be able to call someone to go out and take care of him would be great. But to do a drop off, unless i knew in advance I would have to work late, this wouldn't really do me good, except for letting him have a play day.

Cheetah

I have a pet walker up where we live near Prince Frederick and also had one when we lived in Annapolis. Generally, pet walkers should be bonded (and insured ?? I always get the two confused.) Price should run you anywhere bet $10-15 per visit, usually depends if you live outside of the pet walker's service area. It's great for working adults where you don't have any family nearby or neighbors that you know well enough leave a key with. When I have late work nights like you do, I call the pet walker nearby and he swings by to let my dogs out and feed them. I'd interview a few at your home and see how the pet walker interacts with your pet.

I just called the local vet office and also found names on petsitters.com and petsit.com. Good luck!

Athena1078

Social Director
I pet sit

I love animals of all kinds. I live in Leonardtown, and work a very flexile schedule during the day, and I am available on weekends, and in the evenings to spend extended time with the animals if needed. I have worked at the Baltimore Zoo, at a Vet office as a tech, at horse farms, and I have always had dogs and cats as pets. I am not afraid of reptiles either! If you would be interested in meeting me, and possibly having me come watch your pets, please PM me, and we can set up a time to talk about his possibility!
Kelly

Oz

You're all F'in Mad...
Both!

Generally, pet walkers should be bonded (and insured ?? I always get the two confused.)

They should be both. Bonding is an "insurance policy" against them stealing from you up to a certain amount. People who handle money, like bank tellers, are typically bonded for a certain amount. Then they should have liability and workers comp insurance to protect both parties financially, from damage and injury.

bknarw

Attire Monitor
I'd be glad to help, but...

My schedule is full. I babysit a German Shorthair Pointer every Tuesday (my apologies to those I told it was a Russian Shorthair Terrier. I lost my AKC certification a long time ago).
:biggrin:

weimsmom

Doggy Day Care in Southern Calvert Co?
I will be moving to Lusby in May. My 7-month weimaraner attends play-care with his puppy friends 3 days each week here in Annapolis. Can anyone point us to a similar facility near/between Lusby & St Leonard? Thanks Quicksilver's Mom

mikesuep

Doggie Day Care

I am getting ready to start a Doggie Day Care here in St. Mary's County and would like to get some dog owners opinions.

Thank you,