7th grade science project

1_bigred

I am looking for an incubator for my daughters 7th grade hand sanitizer science project. In looking online they look like something in a hospital laboratory and are very expensive. Does anyone know where I can find a simple one to use/borrow/buy to help her do this? Please call Bill at 240-577-8671, I appreciate it. thank you.

Make one?

A old toaster oven for the 'box', and a light bulb on a dimmer switch to regulate the temperature.

BernieP

Resident PIA
Make one?

A old toaster oven for the 'box', and a light bulb on a dimmer switch to regulate the temperature.

here's a better idea, let the kid make one.
BTW, you have a great idea - a box, any box, line it with foil, place the sample inside, cover with plastic wrap - and warm with an electric (one of those illegal incandescent) lights.
Add an inexpensive digital thermometer to record the temperature.
Cost -minimal
Kid safe, a 7th grader should be able to construct that.

I was always amazed at the complexity of some of the "science projects" built by the mothers and fathers of the students. Wonder what the kids learned from those?

If it's really the kids idea, their research, minimal parental help is all that is required.

here's a better idea, let the kid make one.

If it's really the kids idea, their research, minimal parental help is all that is required.

That was implied. Provide the kid with clues and hints, let them pursue it, be available to assist, but not take over, the project.

BernieP

Resident PIA
That was implied. Provide the kid with clues and hints, let them pursue it, be available to assist, but not take over, the project.

That wasn't directed at you, that was seconding your motion :)
I'd love to see a "science fair" where the projects look age appropriate.
Any more you can tell who the "over achievers" (parents) are :killingme
The middle school student that builds the first cold fusion science fair project ...

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
I was going to say I always had to build my own stuff for science experiments. That was always part of the challenge.

Funny to now I have seen pre built diorama stuff, we had to go in the wood and gets sticks, leaves and pine cones and glue them in a shoe box if we had to make one. Kids have it way to easy now.

TPD

the poor dad
My daughter's science fair projects always look the worst among her class because mommy and daddy do not help her - all her ideas, all her work.

BernieP

Resident PIA
My daughter's science fair projects always look the worst among her class because mommy and daddy do not help her - all her ideas, all her work.

Help is confined to money, driving and safety - like "don't hook the +12V to ground!!!"
And of course legal advice, "no you can't drink adult beverages as part of your experiment" or, "no, you may not grow a pot"