Rent-A-Pet

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
:confused: Isn't the whole point of having a pet to actually have a pet?! I can't imagine trading in my dogs every month.

mAlice

professional daydreamer
:confused: Isn't the whole point of having a pet to actually have a pet?! I can't imagine trading in my dogs every month.

I personally would not rent my pets, and I think there is certainly potential for animal abuse here.

migtig

aka Mrs. Giant
I personally would not rent my pets, and I think there is certainly potential for animal abuse here.

I can see that. There's probably neglect and physical abuse - after all it isn't their personal pet.

At first I thought this was a really weird thing, but now I think it's a horrible idea.

What happens if someone falls in love and refuses to return the pet?

A visiting pet service is a much better idea.

Just this past weekend I said out loud that I'd like to borrow a dog for my dog to play with... she loves to play. We had adopted a 2nd dog hoping she'd have a companion to enjoy but the two of them are such different personalities that they simply tolerate each other and do not amuse each other.

I don't want the life-time responsibility and commitment getting a new dog would bring so it would be perfect for me to "rent" a dog for a weekend here and there. :shrug:

To prove to your kids that they are not ready for the responsibility of a puppy.

I'm of the opinion parents should never get a pet thinking it is for their kids.

Kids are supposed to grow up and leave and very few will be in a position to take an elderly pet with them when they fly the nest... and it wouldn't be fair to the pet either.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Just this past weekend I said out loud that I'd like to borrow a dog for my dog to play with... she loves to play. We had adopted a 2nd dog hoping she'd have a companion to enjoy but the two of them are such different personalities that they simply tolerate each other and do not amuse each other.

I don't want the life-time responsibility and commitment getting a new dog would bring so it would be perfect for me to "rent" a dog for a weekend here and there. :shrug:

Have you considered pet-sitting on weekends. Then you get paid instead of paying rent for an animal for the weekend.

Play date?

cricketmd

Not sure if this is similar or not, I had a friend rent goats before because she wanted a bunch of brush removed around her house. She came home from work and all the brush was still all there. They ate her siding instead. :ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Not sure if this is similar or not, I had a friend rent goats before because she wanted a bunch of brush removed around her house. She came home from work and all the brush was still all there. They ate her siding instead. :ohwell:

:lmao:

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member

So says the hypothetical friend... :roflmao:

sockgirl77

God. Now I'm imagining the goat saying "that'll learn you, stupid b!tch!".

Attachments

• LaughingGoat.jpg
    LaughingGoat.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 65