Skank at the California Wawa....

xobxdoc

....desperately needs to reach her daughter in Waldorf. She is parked at one of the pumps with her boyfriend but is in need of someone to give her gas. Do people still fall for this?

Littlebit

Had a man do this to me at Shoppers In San Souci the other day, said wife at WaWa out of gas, he left his wallet, money credit cards, drivers license at home, I ask him if he was asking me for money, yes he replied, I of course said no and ask him, by the way, if your drivers licenses are at home, why are you out driving, got in my car, locked doors and drove away, and yes the axxhxxes are still trying this scam. Hope no one falls for this.

glhs837

Power with Control
Just yesterday, young black man and his "mom", needed desperately to get to VA. At the Quik Stop on GMR.

TPD

the poor dad
I had a different twist on this happen to me a couple of weeks ago at a business on GMR. A woman approached me, asking for only a dollar or two, showing me a couple other bills in her hand, telling me she just got off work at NESEA/Webster Field (don't remember which term she used) and needed to buy a quart of oil for her car in order to get home. I declined. She approached another person who also declined. She then got in her car and drove away. She wasn't dressed like the 98% of women who work at NESEA normally dress...

I had a different twist on this happen to me a couple of weeks ago at a business on GMR. A woman approached me, asking for only a dollar or two, showing me a couple other bills in her hand, telling me she just got off work at NESEA/Webster Field (don't remember which term she used) and needed to buy a quart of oil for her car in order to get home. I declined. She approached another person who also declined. She then got in her car and drove away. She wasn't dressed like the 98% of women who work at NESEA normally dress...

I've seen that approach before. Woman hit me up in front of CVS crying that she needed medicine and only had this much (showed me a bunch of singles) and only needed 3 more dollars. I told her to go inside, get the prescription and I'd pay the balance. She followed me in, stooped over to fix her sock, I turned my back and she was gone.

MMM_donuts

That's happened to me once before back in TN but not here. It would really scare me to see someone suddenly appear while I was in the drive thru.

Once someone approached me at Target asking if I would give him half as much cash as what was on his Target refund or gift card. He even offered to go to the cashier with me.

.....who CAN'T find stuff to buy from Target? I thought it was too weird.

ginwoman

We had a chickie poo approach in pkg lot at McDonalds in PF recently. Wanted money for gas one of her kids blah blah blah. We didn't give her anything.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Like the durhards who fall for email scams, I'd like to punch anyone who gives these panhandlers money right in the throat.

Thanks, you #######s, for encouraging these scammers and emboldening them so the rest of us have to dodge them. :strangle:

psc93

This happened to me last year at the Rite Aid in Lexington Park. I told her I didn't have any cash (which was true) and she pretty much demanded that I go over to the ATM at Bank of America and take some cash out. I told her to **** off, and she ended up following me halfway back across the parking lot, cussing me every step of the way. I just laughed and told her that I had something in the glove box of the car for her if she was still following me when I reached it. I guess she decided it wasn't worth the risk and went back over to Rite Aid to try her luck on someone else.

MarieB

I've encountered the I'm out of gas thing here

I also remember seeing the family near Petco. Now seeing kids out there does bother me, but the parents didn't seem to want food

sm8

It sucks because there are really times when some one is in need of help but there are so many moochers out there that you can not tell them apart. One time just recently I went to the ATM and deposited pay check. Left bank and made it all the way down south. Some one had stole the gas out of my tank the night before so I needed gas and was already frustrated. Get to the pump and go to get my card out and pay and I could not find it anywhere. I guess I must of left it in the ATM. I had a sleeping baby in the car and did not want to wake her just to go in and ask if I could pay with a check. I asked a couple people if they knew if I could pay with a check on the inside and they looked at me like I was crazy. I tried explaining what had happened and I could not find my card. I had checks but no cash and the explaining just seemed to make them look at me like I was more crazy. I was so embarassed and just wanted to crawl under a rock. I just quietly got back in my car and dug thru my purse and cup holders and found a couple dollars in change. I know they werent but it felt like everyone in the parking lot was staring at me. It was even worse when I was at the register balancing a sleeping baby on my shoulder and getting a couple dollars of gas with change. I appologized a million times to the people in line behind me telling them it was all I had to pay with and my car was on "E" and I just wanted to get home. I was surprised no one offered to help even if it was just by picking up the bit of change the cashier knocked off the counter as she was counting it.

mitzi

The best (or worst) story I've heard was a guy came up to my daughter in Target and asked her if she could give him some money so he could take his kid to the MOVIES to see Cars II.

DEEKAYPEE8569

....desperately needs to reach her daughter in Waldorf. She is parked at one of the pumps with her boyfriend but is in need of someone to give her gas. Do people still fall for this?

What did this chick look like? About six months ago; give or take; I was at the WaWa on 235 and this "built" girl about 5'5"; tight jeans and tight top barely containing OMFG sweater puppies asks me to take her her friend's place because she could not get her ATM card to work in the store's ATM.

Up pops The Devil on one shoulder and the Angel on the other shoulder.
The first one was telling me, "DO IT! You might get something <wink wink> in return." The Angel won though, because there were two cops in the store and I had the feeling she was bait; to bust someone for solicitation.

What did this chick look like? About six months ago; give or take; I was at the WaWa on 235 and this "built" girl about 5'5"; tight jeans and tight top barely containing OMFG sweater puppies asks me to take her her friend's place because she could not get her ATM card to work in the store's ATM.

The first one was telling me, "DO IT! You might get something <wink wink> in return." The Angel won though, because there were two cops in the store and I had the feeling she was bait; to bust someone for solicitation.
Ewww... did you really just type that outloud?

xobxdoc

She was probably mid 40s, tight jeans, brown hair. She had a brace on her wrist. It just hit me kind of funny because she asked me if I could do her a favor, like we were friends. After she was done her speech, I told her I heard this story before. She said" I'm sure you have" and turned and walked away.

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
Like the durhards who fall for email scams, I'd like to punch anyone who gives these panhandlers money right in the throat.

Thanks, you #######s, for encouraging these scammers and emboldening them so the rest of us have to dodge them. :strangle:

Isn't aggressive panhandling against the law?

Agressive against the law? What do you think a "punch in the throat" is? Child play? :shakin head: