PG Shock Trauma

Jeter3000

Recently made an unexpected visit to this facility. What a sh*thole of an excuse for a hospital this is. Regardless of its location, it was filthy and have never seen a medical staff as unprofessional as the one we encountered. Rant over. :cds:

Recently made an unexpected visit to this facility. What a sh*thole of an excuse for a hospital this is. Regardless of its location, it was filthy and have never seen a medical staff as unprofessional as the one we encountered. Rant over. :cds:

Did they fix you up? Or whoever it was?

Jeter3000

Did they fix you up? Or whoever it was?

It was "whoever", not myself. Perhaps they're understaffed and overwhelmed ? The patient received proper care, I think, but my complaint is with the unsanitary and lackadaisical attitude of the staff. I may sound ungrateful, which I am not, but St. Marys could have done the same and would have been treated by a staff that cared about their patients.

It was "whoever", not myself. Perhaps they're understaffed and overwhelmed ? The patient received proper care, I think, but my complaint is with the unsanitary and lackadaisical attitude of the staff. I may sound ungrateful, which I am not, but St. Marys could have done the same and would have been treated by a staff that cared about their patients.

Yep, I've had good experiences with them. PG I've never been. They get a lot of the fly ins though.

Roman

I did some of my Clinicals there, so things must have changed a lot. It used to be top-notch in the day. Very sorry about your expirience Jeter!

mdff21

The Trauma Center does what it is supposed to do. Unfortunately the rest of the place is like the OP says. The location doesn't help with the reputation either. I am not sure what time of day you were there, but once the sun goes down the ER/Waiting room changes. That is when all the homeless, druggies etc come in with complaints or just hang around. Prior to someone being transported there, the Trauma Center is consulted about the patient to see if it should come there or to another facility. I wish "whoever" a speedy recovery.

RPMDAD

Yep, it is good as a shock trauma center but for everyday type things not so much. My B.I.L. used to work at DC General and he always told me if he ever got shot that was where he wanted to go. They treated so many gun shots there they were excellent. Walter Reed and other military hospitals used to send some of their staff to study and learn about gunshot wounds and recovery. The rest of DC General not so much.

Jeter3000

The Trauma Center does what it is supposed to do. Unfortunately the rest of the place is like the OP says. The location doesn't help with the reputation either. I am not sure what time of day you were there, but once the sun goes down the ER/Waiting room changes. That is when all the homeless, druggies etc come in with complaints or just hang around. Prior to someone being transported there, the Trauma Center is consulted about the patient to see if it should come there or to another facility. I wish "whoever" a speedy recovery.

It was a vehicle vs. pedestrian accident. It was about 2100, give or take. I guess I expected more from a "shock trauma" center. The fact that the patient was in the ER, awaiting a room for overnight observation and hadn't received a single painkiller ( let the controversy begin) was an eye opener. Yes, the waiting room and ER was full of derelicts and the "like", but damn, get your priorities in order. I wonder why they choose PG over B'more Shock Trauma? Just glad it is over. Everyone is on their way to a full recovery.

tomtom

I know this doesnt matter at all, just saying, PG is not a shock trauma center, just a trauma center. Shock Trauma is in Baltimore.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
The Trauma Center does what it is supposed to do. Unfortunately the rest of the place is like the OP says. .

Exactly our experience...last November. Medevaced in. Superb docs and staff took care of the emergency work...incredibly crappy hospital they do that in. I've spent too much time in hospitals..and would call that one the worst of them all.

rabbithead

Sounds like it hasn't improved since 2004. The helicopter ride was awesome- the hospital experience, not so much. Couldn't wait to get out of there and back home.

Jeter3000

Sounds like it hasn't improved since 2004. The helicopter ride was awesome- the hospital experience, not so much. Couldn't wait to get out of there and back home.

Trauma, shock trauma, whatever. Guess I'm just naive in thinking that hospitals should be the epitome of cleanliness and sanitary conditions? Perhaps the staff is under appreciated and over worked like the rest of us working class stiffs. Glad it's over.

bcp

In My Opinion
Trauma, shock trauma, whatever. Guess I'm just naive in thinking that hospitals should be the epitome of cleanliness and sanitary conditions? Perhaps the staff is under appreciated and over worked like the rest of us working class stiffs. Glad it's over.

Go to Laurel Hospital
The first thing you notice is that nobody working there speaks english in a manner that you can understand a thing they say, then the filth, it looks like it has not seen a cleaning crew in 20 years. They have sanitizer despensors hanging all over the place and for the life of me I can walk past one without hitting it to clean off whatever might have landed on my hands since the last one.
I even feel good about walking across the parking lot when I leave, I tend to think it helps clean off the bottom of my shoes.

Jeter3000

Go to Laurel Hospital
The first thing you notice is that nobody working there speaks english in a manner that you can understand a thing they say, then the filth, it looks like it has not seen a cleaning crew in 20 years. They have sanitizer despensors hanging all over the place and for the life of me I can walk past one without hitting it to clean off whatever might have landed on my hands since the last one.
I even feel good about walking across the parking lot when I leave, I tend to think it helps clean off the bottom of my shoes.

Sounds as if we are speaking of the same facility... And thanks smartazz (bcp), better than lying on the side of the road, yes. The emergency personnel down here is top notch. THEY are the ones who saved a life.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Been there once after a friend got into a car accident. Horrible waiting room, signs all over saying "get tested today, AIDS". Also not to sound racist but we were the only white folk in the place, had lot of people staring at us the entire time. Doctors did a nice job, but the rest of the staff, and the overall facility was just crap.

red_explorer

Been that way since I grew up near there 30 years ago....