Coco Cantina

Jeter3000

Apparently I didn't get the memo that they closed about a month or so ago. Huh. Never patronized the place, so I wonder what happened?

dontknowwhy

They weren't paying out for anything...wages, rent, utilities...
Their whole gig was to make as much as they could, in a very short time, pay out nothing, then close up shop

Goldenhawk

Their whole gig was to make as much as they could, in a very short time, pay out nothing, then close up shop

Pretty bold claim. I would love to hear some details on that one. Also, who are "they"?

Even starting from a solid and well-furnished building like they did, the startup costs are significant. Incorporation, supplies, signage, menus, uniforms... Unless they did that ALL on credit, or they had a really STUPID business loan investor who didn't do any homework reading the business plan, I find it hard to believe they could pull off such a clear scam. I'm much more inclined to believe either gross mismanagement or an uncompelling menu with insufficient repeat business.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

Doubtful. I don't know about the partners, but Melissa grew up in her mother's restaurants and knows better than that.

C

czygvtwkr

Service was slow and food was cold both times I ate there so never went back.

EvolutionIsBS

Suspended User
Pretty bold claim. I would love to hear some details on that one. Also, who are "they"?

Even starting from a solid and well-furnished building like they did, the startup costs are significant. Incorporation, supplies, signage, menus, uniforms... Unless they did that ALL on credit, or they had a really STUPID business loan investor who didn't do any homework reading the business plan, I find it hard to believe they could pull off such a clear scam. I'm much more inclined to believe either gross mismanagement or an uncompelling menu with insufficient repeat business.

I know a little about the situation. Big debts.
Mom is not very happy with her daughter right now.

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
Have a friend that worked there. Apparently they took federal taxes the entire time they worked there, but Uncle Sam did not receive them for November or December. Even better their W-2 was given to them by a coworker no envelope, not mailed and 2 weeks late. I also hear they owe a lot to other people.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That's too bad because I was really hoping they'd get things straightened out and have a terrific restaurant.

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
That's too bad because I was really hoping they'd get things straightened out and have a terrific restaurant.

I did too!

It is a shame some of the union/min wage proponents do not understand how hard it is to open a business a be sucessful.
I think CoCo Cantina needed to pay some higher wages so they could of gone out of business earlier and not of had to suffer that long.

DooDoo1402

The fear of Smell
I did too!

It is a shame some of the union/min wage proponents do not understand how hard it is to open a business a be sucessful.
I think CoCo Cantina needed to pay some higher wages so they could of gone out of business earlier and not of had to suffer that long.

Baloney! You idiots constantly attacking unions... prolly most are too young to understand the concept with all the right-wing propaganda. You should be grateful for them or YOU would be a slave in poverty working unGodly hours and unrealistic wages!

If you have/had a bad experience with a certain Union, then it should be up to the membership to fix it or stop paying them. Simple! The unions are suppose to be there to ensure the workers have an equal playing field!

Too bad for this restaurant and business, but I certainly don't blame it on unions or expenses. That is silly. Any business requires capital... and a proper business plan. If you don't have both, it will fail. Personally I never visited the establishment because I don't have a desire for another Mexican food place. Just like steak houses and fast food... enough already. If most people think like I do, any eatery is going to fail around here when you have tons of competition! Put a Red Lobster there and I'll Garr-un-Tee it will be successful and paying workers decent wages!

I did too!

You are obviously unaware of the minimum wage for tipped employees being $3.63/hour in MD. Try living on that!

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Any business requires capital... and a proper business plan. If you don't have both, it will fail.

*snicker*

Sounds so easy and simple when you put it that way. So..this "capital" you are referring to. It's infinite, I guess?...as long as you started with enough of it, it never runs out?