Guinea Pigs

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
Hello,

My daughter has been begging me for a Guinea Pig for quite awhile now and I am wondering if anyone has information about rescue or adoptable piggies. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
:cds:

where is Arkie!!!!!

try pming Arkrescue

That was my first thought and I looked at that thread but I figured since the last post was in October they must have found homes. Arkie is usually very good about continually updating until the animals have been rehomed and even updates how they are doing in their new homes. I will pm her though just in case she has some numbers for me. I called the pet store in Leonardtown and they did not have any contact info for adoption. I will try Pepper's next. Other then those two I do not know of any other pet stores that might have info. Hmm let me call the well pet clinic too. I really don't want to go to petco if I don't have to.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
That was my first thought and I looked at that thread but I figured since the last post was in October they must have found homes. Arkie is usually very good about continually updating until the animals have been rehomed and even updates how they are doing in their new homes. I will pm her though just in case she has some numbers for me. I called the pet store in Leonardtown and they did not have any contact info for adoption. I will try Pepper's next. Other then those two I do not know of any other pet stores that might have info. Hmm let me call the well pet clinic too. I really don't want to go to petco if I don't have to.

did you try tri county??...

i know arkie has been busy... so i sent her an email

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
did you try tri county??...

i know arkie has been busy... so i sent her an email

The Animal shelter? Thanks for sending the email btw. I don't think I could handle going to a shelter. It would honestly upset me beyond belief and it would literally take days to get over it. Just the thought of all those little faces on the animals there would break my heart. I am tearing up just thinking about it. I did it a few times with my mom when I was younger and I still have memories. It would be like going to death row.:bawl

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
Hello,

My daughter has been begging me for a Guinea Pig for quite awhile now and I am wondering if anyone has information about rescue or adoptable piggies. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

My first piggy as an adult came from this group:

Maryland (MD) Guinea Pig Rescue and Adoption

Also try calling the area shelters to see if they have any. The adoption is usually pretty small (less than buying in a pet store).

If you want help checking the area shelters, give me a holler and I'll make some calls.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
The Animal shelter? Thanks for sending the email btw. I don't think I could handle going to a shelter. It would honestly upset me beyond belief and it would literally take days to get over it. Just the thought of all those little faces on the animals there would break my heart. I am tearing up just thinking about it. I did it a few times with my mom when I was younger and I still have memories. It would be like going to death row.:bawl

I would call.... if they have one... then go and fill out the paperwork...

think of it as you are letting him enjoy the rest of his life in a home....

be strong!!! and save one.

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !

I totally understand how you feel about going to the shelter. Every time I am there to donate items I go in the back to see ALL the critters so I can tell others what I saw to encourage people to go. Yes is hard to see all those faces knowing many of them will be put down soon. I get very happy when I see "ADOPTED" on some of the cages.

I will check the shelters for you. I have a medical donation that needs to go to Tri-County if ICit doesn't know of someone in need of renal care meds. Lady lost her GSD mix to renal failure/old age and donated what she had left in medical supplies to us. We want to be sure these meds get used by someone in need or a local shelter like Tri-County.

Tigerlily

Luvin Life !!!
:jameo:....:jameo:

Charles County Humane Society has some!!!!

Humane Society Charles County - Pocket Pets

Oh they are so cute. I will have my daughter look at them. She should be home in a few minutes from school. I guess I could suck it up for the cause and go to the shelter. Is this the one that if you turn like you are going to the MVA and keep going straight it is farther down the road?. If I come home with a car load of new pets I am going to blame you though.:buddies:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
I totally understand how you feel about going to the shelter. Every time I am there to donate items I go in the back to see ALL the critters so I can tell others what I saw to encourage people to go. Yes is hard to see all those faces knowing many of them will be put down soon. I get very happy when I see "ADOPTED" on some of the cages.

I will check the shelters for you. I have a medical donation that needs to go to Tri-County if ICit doesn't know of someone in need of renal care meds. Lady lost her GSD mix to renal failure/old age and donated what she had left in medical supplies to us. We want to be sure these meds get used by someone in need or a local shelter like Tri-County.

what did she have????

pm me please or email

libertytyranny

Dream Stealer
I adopted a friend for my beloved piggy fromt hese guys. ats a bit of a drive, of course, and they are total hippys..but i took my guy "guniea pig speed dating" to help find him the best budy and partner (there should be at least two) and they have kits available to build your own C and C cage which really is the best for them. the store bought ones are no where near large enough. I love piggies they really are fantastic pets but have a little bit of an interesting nutrition requirement but they are so loveable and really love people!

Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue

ArkRescue

Adopt me please !
I adopted a friend for my beloved piggy fromt hese guys. ats a bit of a drive, of course, and they are total hippys..but i took my guy "guniea pig speed dating" to help find him the best budy and partner (there should be at least two) and they have kits available to build your own C and C cage which really is the best for them. the store bought ones are no where near large enough. I love piggies they really are fantastic pets but have a little bit of an interesting nutrition requirement but they are so loveable and really love people!

Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue

I stand corrected, that is the group I got my 3 from. I drove to the shelter in BelAir, MD to pick them up. I went there to get 2 girls (Lucy and Ethel) and they talked me into taking a 3rd piggy that was a neutered black male named Jet. Lucy and Ethel did great for years (sisters) and then suddenly they started fighting so I had to separate them. They had C & C enclosures I made <G>.

Bonehead

Oh my

By all means adopt one.

I saw a hairless one at a pet shop today...........Very creepy looking little fellow.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
ok...

i will admit... Im scared to death of them....if any were to come into the vet... i would have someone else examine them...

they just scare me!!! :killingme

frequentflier

happy to be living
ok...

i will admit... Im scared to death of them....if any were to come into the vet... i would have someone else examine them...

they just scare me!!! :killingme

:dork: Hard to believe a little rodent would scare you. But I guess we all have our fears and phobias!

frequentflier

happy to be living
:smack:

they freak me out when they squeak and jump around....

I will never hold one.. or own one!!!

It got me to thinking that now that we carry small animal supplies, are people going to bring their small pets like chinchillas, ferrets, rabbits into the store?

We did have a cute miniature pig in a few weeks ago!