Speeding Hearse

OldHillcrestGuy

Yesterday while in a ambulance with lights and siren going doing between 55-60 in the fastlane heading southbound on Rt.5 entering St Marys County, here comes this white hearse coming down the southbound lanes with a Mustang behind it doing at least 70mph. I so hoped that we were going to catch up with it at one of the stoplights, so I could have laid on the airhorn.
His clients are in no hurry to be taken anywhere they are dead. It really pissed me off, I know where the ambulance was going, its the new funeral home in Mechcanicsville on the corner.:whistle: The more I think about I should have contacted SMSO. rant over:tantrum

dan0623_2000

Yesterday while in a ambulance with lights and siren going doing between 55-60 in the fastlane heading southbound on Rt.5 entering St Marys County, here comes this white hearse coming down the southbound lanes with a Mustang behind it doing at least 70mph. I so hoped that we were going to catch up with it at one of the stoplights, so I could have laid on the airhorn.
His clients are in no hurry to be taken anywhere they are dead. It really pissed me off, I know where the ambulance was going, its the new funeral home in Mechcanicsville on the corner.:whistle: The more I think about I should have contacted SMSO. rant over:tantrum

A little late to be thinking about now. You had direct contact with the emergency operations center and you failed to notify them about a potentially deadly situation. You are just as bad as the other drivers.

RPMDAD

A little late to be thinking about now. You had direct contact with the emergency operations center and you failed to notify them about a potentially deadly situation. You are just as bad as the other drivers.

pretty dumb thing to say me thinks.

PsyOps

Pixelated
His clients are in no hurry to be taken anywhere they are dead. It really pissed me off, I know where the ambulance was going, its the new funeral home in Mechcanicsville on the coroner.:whistle: The more I think about I should have contacted SMSO. rant over:tantrum

:fixed:

StadEMS3

PREMO Member
I would of called them in and gave them the air horn too. Watch out for gemma_rae though, she don't like us ambulance drivers... :buddies:

OldHillcrestGuy

There were several circumstances that just made it to complicated to call to the attention of the police. The incident happened in Charles County just before entering St. Marys, Theres nothing that St Marys could have done other then stop by the funeral home and ask who was driving, he could not give the driver a citation. The report would have to be taken by Charles County, that officer would have to call the St Marys deputy to find out the drivers name.
I was on the radio on the mutual aid channel trying to get St Marys Fireboard to answer us in reference to the call we were responding to, this is a on going problem with St Marys. The channel is horrible to understand what they are saying.
More importantly I was training a new driver, who has many hours of driver training, but needs reponses to calls to get cut loose, this was the first response that he had to deal with stoplights and with 3 lights coming up in a very short distance my attention was on him and the traffic ahead of us. Once we made it through the lights it wasn't much farther to our destination. It was 2 hours before we got back to the firehouse as we were dispatched on 2 other calls. Im not going to call CCSO to report something that happened over 2 hours earlier.
If all of this had happened in Charles County I'd would have been on the radio instantly to report it and Im sure with the number of officers in Charles County on the road and the fact the white hearse also belongs to a funeral home in Waldorf justice would have prevailed.

acommondisaster

Shortly after 4pm? I saw a white hearse barrelling down rt 228 just off Indian Head Highway heading towards Waldorf. Wondered what the big hurry was as they blew through the light turning red.

Roman

Shortly after 4pm? I saw a white hearse barrelling down rt 228 just off Indian Head Highway heading towards Waldorf. Wondered what the big hurry was as they blew through the light turning red.
There's nothing worse than being LATE for your own Funeral? J/K I had to say that.