White House tours canceled due to budget cuts

MJ

Material Girl
PREMO Member
The website says they are self-guided tours. Who the heck did they cut?

"This is really what the White House is all about. It’s the “People’s House.” It’s a place that is steeped in history, but it’s also a place where everyone should feel welcome. And that's why my husband and I have made it our mission to open up the house to as many people as we can." – Michelle Obama

I guess they've seen enough people. :ohwell:

twinoaks207

Having Fun!

:yeahthat:

Or, perhaps, they just don't want those folks who are going to get impacted by this mess to visit the WH & attempt to spread hate & discontent.

Can't let the peasants know you're eating cake...

CrashTest

It's obvious that Bongo is having a tantrum and trying to "punish" people for loving sequestration.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
What a joke. Ole Barry and his crew of merry idiots like Napolitano and Sebelius are going for "cuts" that sound just terrible and gain maximum sympathetic news coverage, realizing, certainly, that they have enough automatons like nhboy to gobble it all up, pass it on, and recoil in horror.

Oh the tragedy!

mamatutu

mama to two
I would hope that Obama plans to cancel his vacations, and not plan any more
$1M golf games with Tiger Woods. This is absolutely ridiculous, and no explanation is acceptable. Closing the WH to Americans is un-American. Last tour date is March 9th, but you had to schedule months in advance. What about the children who were so excited to see the WH on a school field trip or a family vacation? I thought Obama was all about the children.

Last edited:

my-thyme

..if momma ain't happy...
Patron
He had to come up with something when all the widows and little children didn't drop dead when the sequestration took effect.

Last edited:

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member

:yeahthat:

Or, perhaps, they just don't want those folks who are going to get impacted by this mess to visit the WH & attempt to spread hate & discontent.

Can't let the peasants know you're eating cake...

Hiding something?

:dingding:

It IS our house, how long do they think they can keep us from having access? :eyebrow:

laynpipe

I would hope that Obama plans to cancel his vacations, and not plan any more
$1M golf games with Tiger Woods. This is absolutely ridiculous, and no explanation is acceptable. Closing the WH to Americans is un-American. Last tour date is March 9th, but you had to schedule months in advance. What about the children who were so excited to see the WH on a school field trip or a family vacation? I thought Obama was all about the children.

You do realize that all the righty tighty nonsense about the president taking vactions on tax dollars is malarky ?? According to the presidential travel policy as set forth by law, he pays for vacations out of his own pocket. Granted, the money in his pocket is put their by us tax payers, but he earns his paycheck, just like you do. (If you work that is)

http://assets.opencrs.com/rpts/RS21835_20070410.pdf

Chris0nllyn

You do realize that all the righty tighty nonsense about the president taking vactions on tax dollars is malarky ?? According to the presidential travel policy as set forth by law, he pays for vacations out of his own pocket. Granted, the money in his pocket is put their by us tax payers, but he earns his paycheck, just like you do. (If you work that is)

http://assets.opencrs.com/rpts/RS21835_20070410.pdf

does he pay for Secret Service and Air Force One fuel also?

Chris0nllyn

You quoted Fox again. That is instantly unaccountable, inadmissible and most likely faux.

Care to post any relevant evidence to dispute the claims?

I suppose you can prove that the govt did NOT spend:

$686,000 to study World of Warcraft gamers and etsy artists?

$35,000 for a Library book dispensing machine?

$7,000,000 to study a more natural rubber for car tires?

Last edited: