Tortured Iraqis

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
No, Saddam's not back :lol: US troops have taken to humiliation tactics with POWs - stripping them and making fun of their package, hooding them and hooking them up to fake wires, that sort of things.

The media nancys are calling this torture. I'm not impressed - to me, torture is physical harm. This is just mental warfare and no one's getting hurt. I personally could give a crap about some poor widdle POW - these are Iraqi soldiers who are trying to kill our people. They're also trying to prevent the forming of a reasonable government in Iraq. To hell with them.

Curious what everyone else thinks?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And one more brief rant for Toxick's benefit:

When those US guys were killed, burnt up and their bodies hung from bridges, the DUers were saying, "See? That's what we get for being over there! The soldiers got what they deserved! You can't blame the Iraqis for doign this."

When it's Iraqi POWs, however, they say, "Those brutal savages!! How DARE they take pictures of naked Iraqis! They should be court martialed! They should be killed!"

So, in summary, Democrats feel that killing and burning US soldiers is just fine. But taking pictures of naked Iraqis is the most barbaric of war crimes.

Ready to come to the dark side yet, Tox?

Kyle

ULTRA-F###ING-MAGA!
PREMO Member
Ready to join the "Nukem All & Be Done With It" crowd yet Vrai?

mojorisin

Originally posted by vraiblonde

When those US guys were killed, burnt up and their bodies hung from bridges, the DUers were saying, "See? That's what we get for being over there! The soldiers got what they deserved! You can't blame the Iraqis for doign this."

When it's Iraqi POWs, however, they say, "Those brutal savages!! How DARE they take pictures of naked Iraqis! They should be court martialed! They should be killed!"

So, in summary, Democrats feel that killing and burning US soldiers is just fine. But taking pictures of naked Iraqis is the most barbaric of war crimes.

This pretty much sums up how jacked up the LEFT is!

Toxick

Splat

That's pretty despicable.

Anyone with such a hypocritical, bass-ackward, idealogically driven hatred deserves to be beaten with a sock full of marbles.

The very idea of torture makes me want to cry for mankind, but the idea that others would cheer such torture - much less torture of their own countrymen who are fighting to preserve their freedom (and whether anyone agrees that they're fighting for our freedom or not - the reason they became soldiers was to fight the good fight).

And these are the people who are the first to say, "I'm not a traitor - I'm a patriot! How dare you question my love for America".

It's pretty infuriating.

It's close.

The thing is, I do not consider the DU and all those blithering idiots to be spokespersons for the liberal side. They are a vocal lunatic fringe.

Just like I don't consider rampaging freaks like Pat Buchanan or Jerry Fallwell to be spokespersons for the conservative side.

It's unfortunate that the biggest idiots have the biggest mouths.

In the end, I still think that conservatives are too meddlesome and too controlling of individuals' private affairs. They are too apathetic about things like the environment, and they are too corporatist. And that (among other things) is what keeps me from wanting to be one of them.

On the other hand, the hypocrisy of the left leaves me baffled at every turn. I cannot believe that they are so blind to their own behavior and idealogically driven hatred - all the while pointing their fingers at the cons talking about intolerance. I'd rather dig my eyes out with a rusty spoon than become one of them.

Plus I don't like the idea of killing babies, or taking people's guns and other sundry properties away.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by Toxick
The thing is, I do not consider the DU and all those blithering idiots to be spokespersons for the liberal side. They are a vocal lunatic fringe.

Just like I don't consider rampaging freaks like Pat Buchanan or Jerry Fallwell to be spokespersons for the conservative side.

It's unfortunate that the biggest idiots have the biggest mouths.

Unfortunate, but that's the way it is with extremists. It's part of their personality--they have the biggest mouths because they have a pathetic, unhealthy need for attention. That need drives them to seek extreme views on almost all political and social issues. In fact, for them, the left-right orientation is almost irrelevant. The DU extremists could have easily become "RU" extremists if their lives had gone a different way. Same with Buchanan and Falwell, who could have become Goths or Wiccans.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by unixpirate
Should of tortured them like they did our people..
Then it would of been torture.
:barf:

Man, and people got on my case for suggesting torture as a method of self-defense.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Hey Unix,

Attachments

• unixpirate.jpg
    unixpirate.jpg
    13.5 KB · Views: 163

Leftrudder

The Geneva Conventions state exactly how POWs are to be treated. If we expect other nations to treat American POWs IAW the Geneva Conventions, then we MUST do the same. If our troops are abusing the POWs, then they must be held accountable.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Leftrudder
If we expect other nations to treat American POWs IAW the Geneva Conventions, then we MUST do the same.
That would be fine, dear, but we're not at war with people who follow the Geneva Convention. Considering what those Iraqi scumbags did to their own countrymen under Saddam Hussein, I say merely embarrassing them is too kind.