Blockers in left lane....have a ticket.

Should Maryland have a "Keep Right Law"

• Left lane for passing or turning left

Votes: 32 33.7%
  • Keep right if going slower than traffic flow regardless of speed limit or when being overtaken

Votes: 46 48.4%
  • Keep right if going slower than speed limit

Votes: 8 8.4%
  • Mr. Magoo would be proud when he looks in the rear view mirror...

Votes: 9 9.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sockgirl77

It's about time. Drivers need to become aware that they aren't the only idiot on the road and MOVE over and get out of the passing lane. Common sense: Through lane (right) is used unless you are passing, when you use the "passing" or left lane.

:yahoo:

Md. Woman Cited for Driving Too Slowly in Left Lane | NBC4 Washington

I am failing to see why she got a ticket. She did not break any laws. The posted speed limit is a maximum, not minimum. Also, it is not a passing lane. I specifically asked a cop this when I heard someone go off at a grocery store about "the ##### who wouldn't go above 60 in the passing lane". It is merely a second lane, not a passing or fast lane. People should not have to choose a lane to travel in to accomodate those who want to break traffic laws, in my honest opinion. If you want to speed, find your way around those that want to drive safely.

puggymom

As far as I know Md does not have a keep right except to pass law. They should but since they do not she was not breaking any law. Just being an inconsiderate driver.

sockgirl77

As far as I know Md does not have a keep right except to pass law. They should but since they do not she was not breaking any law. Just being an inconsiderate driver.

How was she being inconsiderate by driving 2 miles per hour under the maximum speed limit?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

That's what I thought, so I'm curious what exactly she got ticketed for.

puggymom

How was she being inconsiderate by driving 2 miles per hour under the maximum speed limit?

I am assuming here based on the article she was impeding traffic. I cannot stand it when people ride my bumper to get around someone driving to slow in the left...that affects me. And yes I consider both types of drivers in this scenario inconsiderate.

pelers

My guess is she was probably blocking up traffic. I know it frustrates me quite a bit when there is a car in the left lane pacing a car in the right lane, especially when they aren't even driving at the speed limit.

Not illegal, just rude.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
I don't think she should have gotten a ticket. I think she should have been shot. :duh:

You road ragers, I swear....

:lol:

I got stuck behind a rolling road block going up to Hughesville last Saturday. As I started getting impatient and thinking cusswords, I distinctly heard Aps laughing his ass off.

thurley42

HY;FR

It's called impeding the normal flow of traffic. I know you all don't really understand how that works around here because its a common practice, but in many other states you get a ticket pretty quick for this stuff.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
It's called impeding the normal flow of traffic. I know you all don't really understand how that works around here because its a common practice, but in many other states you get a ticket pretty quick for this stuff.

Texas and I want to say Oklahoma have that law, and they will indeed ticket you. My daughter got one.

I agree, it was rather inconsiderate. However it doesn't bother me at all to turn my wheel a bit to the right go past her and turn the wheel back to the left a bit. Maybe that really stresses some people out or is physically dificult for them. Not really sure.

sockgirl77

My guess is she was probably blocking up traffic. I know it frustrates me quite a bit when there is a car in the left lane pacing a car in the right lane, especially when they aren't even driving at the speed limit.

Not illegal, just rude.

Someone should not have to drive the speed limit. That speed limit is set at a maximum based on safety standards for that portion of the road. If someone wants to drive the maximum or speed, they can find their way around the car or slow their ass down. But, that's just the way that I feel. I know that I get damn sick of people riding my bumper because I choose to drive 55 mph in a 55 mph zone when I have kids in the van and would rather not have increased insurance rates because some jackass is in a rush and is trying to push me up the road.

sockgirl77

It would be one thing if she was going 45, but she was going 63 and the ticket was ignorant. She was impeding people from speeding, including the cop.

sockgirl77

Well, that's my guess. If he was on his way to a call, he would not have had the time to ticket her for something so ignorant. He just wasted the taxpayers' time. The ticket will be thrown out in court. I can already see the judge rolling his eyes.