MD/DE ocean front rentals for mid-end of June?

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
We're thinking of trying to get away to the ocean for a week in June. There will be 7 of us - 4 adults, 2 teenagers and our 4 year old. Been searching online. Seen townhouses, condos, houses, etc. Anyone have any place to recommend? Trying to stay away from hotels if possible. Looking to spend time with the family cooking, drinking, hanging out on a nice deck, watching the ocean waves & sunsets. Thought SIL/BIL were finding a place but they haven't. Help! TIA. :buddies:

MarieB

I know many people who use vrbo.com for vacation rentals. Maybe you'll find something there

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
I know many people who use vrbo.com for vacation rentals. Maybe you'll find something there

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm looking on right now. Need to change my filters because I just saw a rental for over $8k for the week. :whistle:

tipsymcgee

Thanks, that's exactly what I'm looking on right now. Need to change my filters because I just saw a rental for over $8k for the week. :whistle:
What you're looking to do family-wise sounds more appropriate for the delaware beaches during summer months. Rehoboth/Dewey Beach is much more laid back and more private during summer than OC. Jack Lingo Realtor does everything in the Delaware beaches, but it may be a bit pricier during summer. Much less oceanfront houses in OC than in Delaware -- OC has a lot more oceanfront hotels, high rises. Seven may be too crowded for a condo but could maybe fit into a 2 bedroom with pull out sofa and would make it less expensive.

mamatutu

mama to two
Our daughter lived in Fenwick Island DE for a summer, and worked at Harpoon Hannahs. We used HomeAway.com when we went to visit her for two weeks, and were very pleased. I was wondering, though, if the further north you go, how much is affected by Hurricane Sandy. It's crazy how early you have to find something for a summer vacation. Good luck in your search!

HomeAway Vacation Rentals: Beach Houses, Condos, Cabins, Villas & Vacation Rental Homes

Last edited:

TPD

the poor dad
We're thinking of trying to get away to the ocean for a week in June. There will be 7 of us - 4 adults, 2 teenagers and our 4 year old. Been searching online. Seen townhouses, condos, houses, etc. Anyone have any place to recommend? Trying to stay away from hotels if possible. Looking to spend time with the family cooking, drinking, hanging out on a nice deck, watching the ocean waves & sunsets. Thought SIL/BIL were finding a place but they haven't. Help! TIA. :buddies:

You need a cruise from Baltimore to Bermuda with a balcony cabin AND unlimited alcohol package! That will satisfy 3 of 4 of your desires. Let the chefs onboard do the cooking for you.

daycaremama

somdmama5

Golden Sands is a nice place indoor/outdoor pool big deck and a pool bar, and it is ocean front alot of stuff there to keep the kids busy!

Sweet 16

^^8^^

A word of advice: You DO NOT want to be in OC or Fenwick in June during grad week! Both will be overrun with drunken teenage high school graduates for several weeks. Best to wait until the end of June, before it gets overrun with 4th of July vacationers.

P.S. The sun sets in the West (behind you at the beach) so, unless you have a condo on the bay side, you'll have a better chance of watching sunrises on the beach.

Last edited:

dave1959

You should have planned this months ago. Getting a good place now is going to be very expensive...if you find one.

Wrkn4livn

Check the local real estate offices near the area you want o stay. They usually manage the properties at the beach.

TPD

the poor dad
You should have planned this months ago. Getting a good place now is going to be very expensive...if you find one.

I'm hearing because of the furloughs in the Washington region that beach rentals are going to be cheep, or was it that people will still take vacations but not pay the mortgage. I don't remember now.

daylily

no longer CalvertNewbie
What you're looking to do family-wise sounds more appropriate for the delaware beaches during summer months. Rehoboth/Dewey Beach is much more laid back and more private during summer than OC. Jack Lingo Realtor does everything in the Delaware beaches, but it may be a bit pricier during summer. Much less oceanfront houses in OC than in Delaware -- OC has a lot more oceanfront hotels, high rises. Seven may be too crowded for a condo but could maybe fit into a 2 bedroom with pull out sofa and would make it less expensive.

Thanks for the advice, I completely agree. The more properties we looked at online, the more we realized that.

You need a cruise from Baltimore to Bermuda with a balcony cabin AND unlimited alcohol package! That will satisfy 3 of 4 of your desires. Let the chefs onboard do the cooking for you.

We went on our first cruise in September, what a great way to travel! Unlimited drink package, huh? Our boat didn't offer that option, I don't think. :frown:

A word of advice: You DO NOT want to be in OC or Fenwick in June during grad week! Both will be overrun with drunken teenage high school graduates for several weeks. Best to wait until the end of June, before it gets overrun with 4th of July vacationers.

P.S. The sun sets in the West (behind you at the beach) so, unless you have a condo on the bay side, you'll have a better chance of watching sunrises on the beach.

You are SO right! I'm 39, hubby's 40 and the BIL/SIL are a few years older. We all want some peace and quiet, mellow times. None of us have patience for loud stupid drunk teenagers, especially when we're bringing our 4 year old. We want to drink in peace! Damn.....when did I get so old and lame? :killingme

There are actually tons of rentals available all over the eastern shore for June, in all different price ranges. We decided to stay in Bethanny. Was concentrating on Dewey but found a great deal on an ocean front townhouse with a somewhat private beach for a better price. Splitting costs between 2 couples makes it a lot more affordable.

struggler44

A Salute to all on Watch
I believe it's Holiday Realty that's in OC,Md that has a bunch of listings for rentals but in the past we would go to the OB area because it was cheaper and to be honest, the people seem nicer

homedepot20

If the ship don't sink or catch on fire :killingme