Is there another White Marsh in Md?

Vince

A 5-year-old girl was suspended from kindergarten at Mount Carmel Area Elementary School in Northumberland County, Pa., after "threatening" to shoot classmates with her pink Hello Kitty gun that fires soapy bubbles. A mandatory psychological evaluation found, according to a news report, "that the girl did not represent any threat to others."
I'm so relieved they did that psyc eval on her. :sarcasm: People are getting more stupid everyday. We are headed for a country of idiocracy.

Last edited:

bcp

In My Opinion
There is one White Marsh in Maryland and it is just outside of Baltimore.
White Marsh school is named White Marsh because it is on White Marsh rd in Trappe Maryland.
There are not two White Marsh Marylands.

that being cleared up, I am beyond surprised that this was an issue in Trappe, 99% of the people that live there have guns in their car, they hunt, they plink, they are Americans. Not exactly sure WTF is going on there.

acommondisaster

There is one White Marsh in Maryland and it is just outside of Baltimore.
White Marsh school is named White Marsh because it is on White Marsh rd in Trappe Maryland.
There are not two White Marsh Marylands.

that being cleared up, I am beyond surprised that this was an issue in Trappe, 99% of the people that live there have guns in their car, they hunt, they plink, they are Americans. Not exactly sure WTF is going on there.

What's going on there (as well as most other places where this stuff is happening) is the "zero tolerance" PC crap. Zero Tolerance is the lazy way of dealing with things, because it means no one has to do any thinking. Rather than have to think things through and make tough choices or unpopular decisions, schools have just opted for "zero tolerance". When something ridiculous happens, like a poptart gun, the school administrators can just shrug their shoulders and say "we have a zero tolerance policy" and they feel like that lets them off the hook. I'm glad people are starting to push back against a stupid policy.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
I wonder if this issue is so newsworthy that instances in which a kid draws, plays with, or imitates a gun but isn't punished by the school's administration ever occurs. Is there a teacher out there in a position of authority that hasn't drunk the liberal/progressive/Democrat Kool-Aid so much they're blinded to reason?