Rumblings

Goldenhawk

I keep hearing low, nearly subsonic rumbles from the northwest. Thunder? Nope, the radar is clear. Must be the friendly folks across the river.

A search for "Dahlgren testing" produced this useful page:
http://www.navsea.navy.mil/nswc/dahlgren/RANGE

Today's event "Has the potential to produce noise, Single Shots will take place during this event, Heavy Smoke, Base Road Closure".

Nice to know I'm not imagining things...

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I'm in Chaptico and heard them start early this morning . I figured it was Dahlgren.

stgislander

PREMO Member
I'm always surprised by the amount the buildings vibrate all the way down here on St. George Island.

acommondisaster

Today was especially noisy. I about got BOOMED!!! out of bed (I work nights). We're just across the river from Dahlgren. My son came over this afternoon and asked if we were going to war somewhere (because Dahlgren has been pretty busy this week).

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Strange, earlier today I was sitting out on the deck and heard something like rumblings. I thought it was a truck or motorcycle in the neighborhood. Would be weird since I'm over 800 miles away.

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
I'm in Chaptico and heard them start early this morning . I figured it was Dahlgren.

Me too and I've been hearing it to. Seems especially loud. Maybe because there are no leaves on the trees..

Today was especially noisy. I about got BOOMED!!! out of bed (I work nights). We're just across the river from Dahlgren. My son came over this afternoon and asked if we were going to war somewhere (because Dahlgren has been pretty busy this week).

Been busy all week..