Why are the so far off?

Current forecast: It's raining. It's been raining all morning.
Details for Saturday, March 16
Showers and thundershowers likely. High 49F. Winds ESE at 10 to 20 mph. Chance of rain 70%.
Evening: Showers and a possible thunderstorm during the evening will give way to mostly cloudy skies after midnight. Low 36F. Winds NNE at 10 to 15 mph. Chance of rain 60%.

Actual forecast: It's sunny. I see blue sky.

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
They are trying to predict the weather and they don't know whether it will rain or not. Must be nice to have a job where you can be wrong over half the time and keep the job. :buddies:

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Actual forecast: It's sunny. I see blue sky.

Looking at the NWS radar it looks like one front just passed over southern Maryland and the front crossing through West Virginia will be there in a few hours. Enjoy the sunshine while you can. :buddies:

Roman

They are trying to predict the weather and they don't know whether it will rain or not. Must be nice to have a job where you can be wrong over half the time and keep the job. :buddies:
Not to mention the money they make, to make the mistakes they do huh?

All it takes is a 3 second look at regional radar,...but no,...they have "models."
All they have to do is look out the frikkin' window. But NOOOOOooooooo.....

Looking at the NWS radar it looks like one front just passed over southern Maryland and the front crossing through West Virginia will be there in a few hours. Enjoy the sunshine while you can. :buddies:

Yeah, it's still west of the mountains. You figure they'd at least make corrections to the forecast when it doesn't match.

Baja28

Obama destroyed America
Sunny & 56 here in Budds Creek. I'm going fishin soon as this chip finishes updating.

BadGirl

I am so very blessed
We need to make troughs for our strawberries, the wire grass has taken over our berry patch so want to get them off the ground..

Rain put the damp(er) on those pans.

CRHS89

All kinds of things get cancelled based on a forecast snow and/or rain. Then it turns out to be a beautiful day. Why is it that we bother to listen to the forecasts anymore????? One of these days, they will forecast horrible weather and no one will listen or prepare and we will all die.:dead: