This is tragic

K

Kizzy

Just terrible, I killed them, all 3 of them, well 4, I killed the other one a while back, I think they starved, maybe not starved by dehydrated from lack of water, I mean they were fine last night, running and playing but now, all of them are gone. My son is going to be so upset when he gets home from his friend's house this evening. :bawl:

All the hamsters are dead.

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by cattitude
What did you do? Didn't they have water?

Quick, go get some more.

:huggy:

The water thingys are blue, dark blue, and it is so hard to tell if they have water or not. I was checking it every week (because they are really big) and I forgot this week. I walked by the cage and it smelled horible. I looked in the top and all 3 of them were cuddled together. :bawl: I'm a murderer.

K

Kizzy

:confused: You know, I was thinking, maybe now that the cage is apart and in a box, he will not notice. :shrug:

Honestly, I don't want anymore hamsters, they are messy.

crabcake

But wait, there's more...
sorry for your loss. :huggy: blame it on the dog; that'll be your rationale for not getting more, too. :ohwell:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by cattitude
Quick, go get some more.
Are you CRAZY???!!! :yikes:

Sorry about your loss, IM. Hamsters are a PITA - I've killed more of them than I care to remember. :ohwell:

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by vraiblonde

Sorry about your loss, IM. Hamsters are a PITA - I've killed more of them than I care to remember. :ohwell:

:huggy: At least I'm not the only one.

My son hasn't noticed them gone yet. I even took the cages apart and stored them in a box and out in the garage.

Dymphna

Loyalty, Friendship, Love
Originally posted by IM4Change
:huggy: At least I'm not the only one.

My son hasn't noticed them gone yet. I even took the cages apart and stored them in a box and out in the garage.
My son wanted a pet. I got him a free goldfish. He kept it on his dresser. I fed it and all, he couldn't remember. Every now and then he'd say "I want a pet" :rolleyes: He'd forget the thing was even there. When it died, about 2 months later he said "I want a pet" I told him the goldfish had died. "it did?? Can I get another one?" :rolleyes:

Sharon

Staff member
PREMO Member

My son hasn't noticed them gone yet.
Replace them with a picture of the hamster...no feeding, no watering, no killing, etc....PERFECT PET!

Ken King

A little rusty but not crusty
PREMO Member
Why is it that if you had failed to take care of a cat or dog the PETA freaks would be all over you, but for hamsters they don't care, unless of course it was a lab rat or serpent food and then they freak out.

Why doesn't PETA aggressively campaign for the humane treatment of hamsters? Don't they have a department of rodents? Oh, the unjustice of it all. :killingme

K

Kizzy

Originally posted by tatercake
sorry for your loss. :huggy: blame it on the dog; that'll be your rationale for not getting more, too. :ohwell:

BINGO, the dog ate em. That is it, that is what I will do, the dog ate them. Now, let me practice this a few times, the cage must have been left open and the dog got them, I'm so sorry and I don't think we should get anymore because well Milo knows they taste good, so he will just be waiting to eat them too. Got it down pat now. :cool:

Yes, hamsters are a PITA and for anyone even thinking about getting them, please note, they bit at the cage, they leave cedar everywhere, they smell horrible, they run and fight all night long, they crap everywhere and I swear they flick it across the room, and you have to make sure they have things like food and water everyday because unlike a dog or cat, they are not smart enough to let you know when the water supply is low or the food is gone.

K

Kizzy

Well, the boys finally asked where the hamsters went. After I told them, they said :shrug: ok mom, guess we are not getting anymore.

That was way too easy. :twitch:

CMC122

Go Braves!
Well, the boys finally asked where the hamsters went. After I told them, they said :shrug: ok mom, guess we are not getting anymore.

That was way too easy. :twitch:
:killingme