Throwing Obama under his own bus...

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...Democrats are starting to come around to the inescapable; President Obama has failed. Miserably. So, the question becomes when does Turd Polishing end and Covering Your Ass begin?

As 2014 starts to loom and the hopes of a D resurgence and re-ascent of Speaker Pelosi begin to fade into realization that the House is nowhere near as right wing now as it's starting to look like it's gonna be after '14, some writers are finding that the Presidents vaunted and well practiced tossing of the inconvenient under his rather larger bus has, in fact, left some room for the President himself as well;

Ted Van Dyk: My Unrecognizable Democratic Party - WSJ.com

As a lifelong Democrat, I have a mental picture these days of my president, smiling broadly, at the wheel of a speeding convertible. His passengers are Democratic elected officials and candidates. Ahead of them, concealed by a bend in the road, is a concrete barrier.

Vince

...Democrats are starting to come around to the inescapable; President Obama has failed. Miserably. So, the question becomes when does Turd Polishing end and Covering Your Ass begin?

As 2014 starts to loom and the hopes of a D resurgence and re-ascent of Speaker Pelosi begin to fade into realization that the House is nowhere near as right wing now as it's starting to look like it's gonna be after '14, some writers are finding that the Presidents vaunted and well practiced tossing of the inconvenient under his rather larger bus has, in fact, left some room for the President himself as well;

Ted Van Dyk: My Unrecognizable Democratic Party - WSJ.com
Only one problem that I can see, the Dems are going to have to park their toilet under another outhouse when all is said and done. I don't want that outhouse to be Hillary.

mamatutu

mama to two
I call dibs on being the bus driver at the time.

:roflmao: bcp, you are a hoot! This article was very refreshing to read. There have been others here and there, but I think, finally, the silence may have been broken. There is hope for change, and not the Obama kind.

PsyOps

Pixelated

When Bill Maher is even hinting at abandoning the liberal cause, you know they have to be in trouble.

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
When Bill Maher is even hinting at abandoning the liberal cause, you know they have to be in trouble.

Maher is such a damn phony. I have no idea how he ever got away with calling himself libertarian. He's like a naif schoolboy who dabbles in every ideology he happens to read about.

Oh look! Something shiny.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
My question to you ,does that stuff you're drinking come in 6packs?

You know, it could be that we simply have different ideas of what success is. For instance, I think George W Bush was an enormous failure. Obama is and for the same reasons.

Now, if you considered Bush a success then, I can see how you might think Obama is doing well given how similar their choices have been.

See? It's all about perspective. :buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

As I say, '14 is coming. No matter how powerful the media is or is not, over time, people start looking at how things are and not what they are told. Obama is paying for the cliff and sequestration. He's paying for $4 gas. He's paying for war, immigration, Too Big To Fail, a stock market that has done NOTHING for the poor, food stamp nation, etc.

After five years, pretty much everyone agrees, hey, you ARE the President, ####-o.

The problem now is Boehner. He has shown NO killer instinct, at all and has already saved Obama twice. He will, most likely, throw away the advantage once again.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Maher is such a damn phony. I have no idea how he ever got away with calling himself libertarian. He's like a naif schoolboy who dabbles in every ideology he happens to read about.

Oh look! Something shiny.

He's pissed because what he supported is now coming around to bite HIM in the ###. Typical liberal: ‘Raise taxes on the rich – Whoa, WHOA!!!!!!!!! I didn’t mean ME!’

Last edited: