Where the Whitehouse stands on Cyprus

PsyOps

Pixelated
So, if you're wondering if Obama would ever consider making the same move the EU is making on banks in Cyprus?

Press Briefing by Press Secretary Jay Carney, 03/18/2013 | The White House

Q Thank you. What’s the U.S. take on this EU plan with Cyprus that would basically call on Cyprus’s government to raid the personal accounts of its citizens?

MR. CARNEY: Well, I would refer you to the Treasury Department. We’re obviously monitoring the situation right now. Our general proposition is that we believe it’s very important for Europe to take steps necessary, as they have been, to both grow and deal with sovereign debt issues. But as regards this particular situation, I’d refer you to Cyprus -- beyond saying that we’re monitoring it -- I mean, refer you to Treasury beyond saying that we’re monitoring it.

Not: "The president is adamently against this"

Not: "This is a move we expect from communist countries ruled by despots and the president rejects such policies"

Not: "This is money is supposed to be protected by the government not taken by the government."

But: "Our general proposition is that we believe it’s very important for Europe to take steps necessary, as they have been, to both grow and deal with sovereign debt issues."

So, I think it's safe to say the lack of condemnation - but rather direct support of such theft of peoples' personal property - can be interpreted as Obama would take steps as necessary to address our debt.

Problem with the debt? Not when there is an endless pot of wealth to confiscate.

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
So, if you're wondering if Obama would ever consider making the same move the EU is making on banks in Cyprus?

Hah! Why would you expect that? This is at the behest of the IMF, who are the economic hitmen of the One World Government sycophants.

Also, I think the income tax is outright theft, so making the jump to steal deposits isn't that far of a stretch.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
Laughable from the WH. They are probably pissed that the US was not the first to make this outrageous move.

tommyjo

Not: "This is a move we expect from communist countries ruled by despots and the president rejects such policies"

Not: "This is money is supposed to be protected by the government not taken by the government."

But: "Our general proposition is that we believe it’s very important for Europe to take steps necessary, as they have been, to both grow and deal with sovereign debt issues."

So, I think it's safe to say the lack of condemnation - but rather direct support of such theft of peoples' personal property - can be interpreted as Obama would take steps as necessary to address our debt.

Problem with the debt? Not when there is an endless pot of wealth to confiscate.

Um...go back and read your own damn cut and paste...

Q Thank you. What’s the U.S. take on this EU plan with Cyprus that would basically call on Cyprus’s government to raid the personal accounts of its citizens?

The question was asked about Cyprus...the question was not would the US ever take the same action as Cyprus.

I guess since you can't understand the question it is understandable that you can't understand the answer...and leap to your silly conclusions.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

The question was asked about Cyprus...the question was not would the US ever take the same action as Cyprus.

I guess since you can't understand the question it is understandable that you can't understand the answer...and leap to your silly conclusions.

Yr up late tonight, gal. :howdy:

Bird Dog

Bird Dog
PREMO Member
The lefties think everything should be taxed,

Remember this one

As Bob Dole used to tell the story, one day he rose on the floor of the Senate and began his remarks by saying: “Now, gentlemen, let me tax your memories.” At which point Ted Kennedy jumped up and said, “Why haven’t we thought of that before?”

Last edited:

PsyOps

Pixelated

I really don't like saying this about people, but since you feel it's your incessant responsibility to tell everyone how wrong they are, I am going to take it as my responsibility to tell you I think you must be the most ignorant person on this forum. And this will be my standard answer to you until decide to actually engage in meaningful debate rather than just play drive-by poster, taking substanceless pokes at everyone.

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
... I wouldn't leave it there so they could steal another chunk.

the GOV would just pass a regulation, that you cannot withdraw more that X $$ per week, so you cannot take out your entire paycheck on Friday @ the bank ....

Pushrod

Patriot
Hah! Why would you expect that? This is at the behest of the IMF, who are the economic hitmen of the One World Government sycophants.

Also, I think the income tax is outright theft, so making the jump to steal deposits isn't that far of a stretch.

But our government and the FR is already doing that with quantitative easing. Devalue the dollar and the money in your savings is continuously worth less. No different then taxing it a set amount, except its more stealthy and people don't raise a fuss due to their ignorance.

Pushrod

Patriot
invest in Brass, Lead and Copper :whistle:

Kind of hard to do that right now with the shortages.

Even with the price of Gold where it is at, it has a lot of potential 'sky's the limit' upward movement and would be a good bet to include in a portfolio.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Kind of hard to do that right now with the shortages.

Even with the price of Gold where it is at, it has a lot of potential 'sky's the limit' upward movement and would be a good bet to include in a portfolio.

true, but @ 1600 $ per oz

that is kinda of steep buy in ....... silver however :whistle:

thatguy

It only works once

If the government seizes a percentage of my bank account, I wouldn't leave it there so they could steal another chunk.

dont worry, with your paltry income you would be on the receiving end of any redistribution of the wealth. :whistle:

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
the GOV would just pass a regulation, that you cannot withdraw more that X $$ per week, so you cannot take out your entire paycheck on Friday @ the bank ....

There is already a rule that you cannot move more than $9,999.99 at any one time without the government being informed where it came from and where it went. So they are already keeping an eye on the nation's savings to prevent the "midnight ATM" move attempted in Cyprus.