Left-wing nevada talk radio station goes dark

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
LEFT-WING NEVADA TALK RADIO STATION GOES DARK

Another in a long line of left-wing radio stations is going dark. KJFK of Reno, Nevada, will cease broadcasting after eight years as a progressive talk radio station.
In a statement published on its website, KJFK—touted as "AM with IQ"—stayed on the air through the 2012 General Election despite operating "at a loss of thousands of dollars a month."
Despite a "passionate audience," KJFK claims that it was "never able to generate the revenue necessary to sustain" itself, and the owners "simply cannot absorb the financial loss any longer."

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
As many crazy Leftists as there are out there - and we have only to look at our elected representatives to corroborate - you'd think Leftist radio and other media would be more popular. Perhaps they're too busy watching Faux and listening to Limpbag for their 2-minutes hate? Maybe sponsors aren't interested in advertising to people on welfare who live in their parents' basement and hate corporate America?

MSNBC vs. Fox
Air America vs. ... well, just about any rightwing talk show
TIME and Newsweek are in the crapper
AlGore's media venture
What's Olbermann doing these days? Because Hannity and O'Reilly are still going strong.

I used to think it was because people got tired of the hysterical hate-filled inaccurate ranting, but they seem to have no problem electing hysterical hate-filled inaccurate ranting representatives, so that can't be it.

b23hqb

PREMO Member
I heard that station when we drove through Reno last summer. I guess I was the other listener, for a few hours, at least.

Not sad.

bcp

In My Opinion
Why would anyone set up any type of business that depended on liberals to pay the expenses? If they cant figure out how to steal the money directly from the working mans pay, they are going under.

Just makes no sense to me at all.

Oh well, little loss to society if you ask me.

PsyOps

Pixelated
As many crazy Leftists as there are out there - and we have only to look at our elected representatives to corroborate - you'd think Leftist radio and other media would be more popular. Perhaps they're too busy watching Faux and listening to Limpbag for their 2-minutes hate? Maybe sponsors aren't interested in advertising to people on welfare who live in their parents' basement and hate corporate America?

MSNBC vs. Fox
Air America vs. ... well, just about any rightwing talk show
TIME and Newsweek are in the crapper
AlGore's media venture
What's Olbermann doing these days? Because Hannity and O'Reilly are still going strong.

I used to think it was because people got tired of the hysterical hate-filled inaccurate ranting, but they seem to have no problem electing hysterical hate-filled inaccurate ranting representatives, so that can't be it.

If right-wing talk and Fox are so popular, how is it the left keeps winning elections? It’s my thought that their audiences really make a very small part of the overall voting population. The majority chose to remain uninformed and attuned to reality TV pop culture; not the least bit interested in political talk at all.

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
If right-wing talk and Fox are so popular, how is it the left keeps winning elections? It’s my thought that their audiences really make a very small part of the overall voting population. The majority chose to remain uninformed and attuned to reality TV pop culture; not the least bit interested in political talk at all.

Each liberal voter votes numerous time each election?

In Nevada we know that Harry Reid's son is in charge of counting the votes.

Baz

This. ------------------>
More sheep require more shepherds.

Obviously many more Righties need to tune in and be told what they're supposed to think. They need to know what the fauxrage du jour is.

bcp

In My Opinion

Obviously many more Righties need to tune in and be told what they're supposed to think. They need to know what the fauxrage du jour is.

Ok, the left vote for the free cell phone, free health care,free housing,free food, free everything, but the right are sheep because they vote for strong leadership and personal accountability.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Yeah I'm sure that's it. :rolleyes:

That's why liberals need government to tell you what to own, how much of it to own, what eat, that something is bad for you, that something is good for you, that you're too stupid to handle things like guns, that you can't handle 32oz sodi pop, that you are incapable of obtaining your own healthcare, that you're incapable of taking responsibility for you own lives...

:bigwhoop:

SamSpade

Yeah I'm sure that's it. :rolleyes:

That's why liberals need government to tell you what to own, how much of it to own, what eat, that something is bad for you, that something is good for you, that you're too stupid to handle things like guns, that you can't handle 32oz sodi pop, that you are incapable of obtaining your own healthcare, that you're incapable of taking responsibility for you own lives...

:bigwhoop:

Oh, it's deeper than that. It's the old "gravitas" thing. One liberal wag gets on the air and declares that Dick Cheney had "gravitas" - and within 24 hours, they're all saying it. A word that up until then, you never heard in a news cycle.

That was the first - but it happens oh about every few months. I look at it like the deja vu moment in the Matrix - a glitch that gives away the way they think.

Comes from being part of the collective. At least sheep have their own minds.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Oh, it's deeper than that. It's the old "gravitas" thing. One liberal wag gets on the air and declares that Dick Cheney had "gravitas" - and within 24 hours, they're all saying it. A word that up until then, you never heard in a news cycle.

That was the first - but it happens oh about every few months. I look at it like the deja vu moment in the Matrix - a glitch that gives away the way they think.

Comes from being part of the collective. At least sheep have their own minds.

The one thing I will say about that is, this tends to work in their favor. Liberals have learned one thing from their flock behavior… Say it over and over and people will begin to believe it. This requires two things:

1. Everyone get on the same memo
2. Find a good key word and repeat it

In the talk airwaves it doesn’t appear to work all that well; but in real politics and winning elections… it seems to work.

SamSpade

but in real politics and winning elections… it seems to work.

What was the constant refrain about Romney? That is, from voters who really couldn't tell you who his running mate was, or who the Vice President IS, but knew they weren't voting for Romney?

"He's out of touch with folks like me".

Now, I can tell you there's a lot of reasons not to vote for Romney, but Obama was about as weak a candidate that there has been in my adult lifetime, with very little to show for four years. Your average marginally informed voter couldn't name a single accomplishment of Barack Obama. They had "heard" that Romney went around wiping out businesses - they never heard that he more or less created Staples and Sports Authority and a handful of other businesses. They never heard the myriad stories of his personal charity and humility - for instance, him getting up early while governor with a hammer to work on the park in Belmont. They never heard that he basically made his own wealth.

They just heard rich guy who is out of touch, so they voted for the guy who still hasn't done anything for them.

PsyOps

Pixelated
What was the constant refrain about Romney? That is, from voters who really couldn't tell you who his running mate was, or who the Vice President IS, but knew they weren't voting for Romney?

"He's out of touch with folks like me".

Now, I can tell you there's a lot of reasons not to vote for Romney, but Obama was about as weak a candidate that there has been in my adult lifetime, with very little to show for four years. Your average marginally informed voter couldn't name a single accomplishment of Barack Obama. They had "heard" that Romney went around wiping out businesses - they never heard that he more or less created Staples and Sports Authority and a handful of other businesses. They never heard the myriad stories of his personal charity and humility - for instance, him getting up early while governor with a hammer to work on the park in Belmont. They never heard that he basically made his own wealth.

They just heard rich guy who is out of touch, so they voted for the guy who still hasn't done anything for them.

It always helps to have a complicit MSM.