Do you remember?

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
Some old photos from St. Mary's County I've found off of Facebook. Enjoy!

Attachments

• Belvedere Motor Inn.jpg
    Belvedere Motor Inn.jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 930
  • Lexington Park 1953.jpg
    Lexington Park 1953.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 1,121
  • Leonardtown Supermarket.jpg
    Leonardtown Supermarket.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 764
  • Bailey's Restaurant.jpg
    Bailey's Restaurant.jpg
    113.5 KB · Views: 807

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
That second pic makes me feel terrible because everything is so clean and wholesome looking. Now it's a freaking filthy crime infested ghetto down there.

I feel a rant coming on...

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Some old photos from St. Mary's County I've found off of Facebook. Enjoy!

I remember it all! The one of Lexington Park with The Hub is older than I remember, but it was there in 1962 and also in 1974 when we moved back to the area.

MarieB

That second pic makes me feel terrible because everything is so clean and wholesome looking. Now it's a freaking filthy crime infested ghetto down there.

I feel a rant coming on...

Can you give me a frame of reference as to where that photo was taken?

Jazz lady, interesting pics. Thanks

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

Which photo? The one of the Belvedere was from a postcard from 1971, stating "One of America's ten best restaurants" :roflmao:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member

Went back and looked. The photo of The Hub and surrounding is actually of a picture hanging in Linda's Cafe and the date is 1953.

I remember shopping at The Hub in the mid-late 70s and getting Levi's for $9.99. :lol:

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
It's Tulagi Place in LP, where Linda's is and the flattops used to be.

Yep, and the A & P was the grocery on the corner (where McKay's Foodland used to be). The old Lexington Park library is on the right. Straight ahead in the background is Frank Know.

Bann

PREMO Member
Yep, and the A & P was the grocery on the corner (where McKay's Foodland used to be). The old Lexington Park library is on the right. Straight ahead in the background is Frank Know.

Frank Knox?

Bann

PREMO Member
Oops, typing too fast. Yes, Frank Knox - the old elementary school and now home of one of the pass offices and classrooms for various adult education.

I remember that, too.

I'm trying to remember the proximity of the old "Park" movie theater to that picture. The WPTX radio station window was down the street from the theater. Somewhere I have a picture of my dad standing outside of it. He did a "teen show" on Friday nights.

He took me & my brother down the street one Saturday and we watched the Beatles' movie Hard Days Night while he was at the station, too. The movie theater manager kept an eye on it. I guess back in those days, it was safe! :lol: