Youth Quad

Misfit

Lawful neutral
I kept thinking the title read "youth squad" and my German guilt wouldn't let me click on it.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'm not aware of any minimum age limit at the track in Budd's creek..just parental consent and adult supervision required if under 18.

IF you are talking riding on public land (though I'm not aware of any public trails in this part of Maryland) ..this might apply:

Minimum Age Requirement: On certain public lands in Maryland, ATV operators must be at least 12 years old.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Does anyone know at what age the kids can start at the track? On 4wheelers I mean, not dirt bikes.

Never. Quads are evil dangerous. I'd say age 21. At the earliest. Dirt bike is gonna beat them up, break a collarbone, a concussion or 6, maybe blow up a knee but, it's not gonna crush them. And they're fun. Quads are not.

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...and my German guilt wouldn't let me click on it.

Now that is interesting! Apparently, when you visit Germany, it is pervasive and somewhat disturbing how guilty Germans tend to act.

I have no German guilt. Everyone else has their atrocities, genocides, their KKK and other klans, their Hitler types, their kook youth groups, their racists, their evil people. And the entire world took the occasion of WWII and tried to erase all their own sins by dumping them all on Germany. Some of it is fair. A lot of it was and is not. Germany opposed Stalin and saw him for what he was. That alone makes Germans and Germany, and even Hitler, not all bad.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Never. Quads are evil dangerous. I'd say age 21. At the earliest. Dirt bike is gonna beat them up, break a collarbone, a concussion or 6, maybe blow up a knee but, it's not gonna crush them. And they're fun. Quads are not.

No. 2 son has been riding quads since age 5. At age 16 he can make our 250X and 300EX quads do tricks a rodeo rider would envy (and me envy..). I've seen some pretty bad things happen at the ATV races (why I won't let him race one) but otherwise, its been over 10 years of largely accident free fun wheeling.

He still has a nice 110cc dirt bike..but at 6' 1" he's outgrown it. He does not want another bike...he's currently seriously jonesing for a 450EX....and those things are evil.

Last edited:

onebdzee

off the shelf
No. 2 son has been riding quads since age 5. At age 16 he can make our 250X and 300EX quads do tricks a rodeo rider would envy (and me envy..). I've seen some pretty bad things happen at the ATV races (why I won't let him race one) but otherwise, its been over 10 years of largely accident free fun wheeling.

He still has a nice 110cc dirt bike..but at 6' 1" he's outgrown it. He does not want another bike...he's currently seriously jonesing for a 450EX....and those things are evil.

Zman's been riding a dirt bike since age 3 (he will be 15 in May) and hasn't had an issue (knockwood) other than catching his pant leg on the peg and falling over in the driveway (he wasn't moving) :lmao:

He rode with my brother a couple of times on his 3-wheeler and wasn't impressed....has no interest in a 4-wheeler, he says they aren't safe at the higher speeds because he wants to lean into the turn too much (I don't want to know)

Dupontster

Would THIS face lie?
Son has been racing quads for almost 10 years now.. Has had a couple misfortunes but nothing serious. You have to know your limits and use your head. He has 2 championships so he doesn't lay back. He did really well in the C & B classes but you get in A and it's another world. He has some wins but those guys don't cut you any slack.. It is a lot more expensive to run a quad than a bike. Suspension is big $$$. The traveling gets expensive too..
Here is a video of a start at Budds. Son is on yellow bike with yellow helmet. Has the hole shot and a guy came up and didn't let off. Took out most of the field. Budds 11-21-09 Quad "A" - YouTube

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Son has been racing quads for almost 10 years now.. Has had a couple misfortunes but nothing serious. You have to know your limits and use your head. He has 2 championships so he doesn't lay back. He did really well in the C & B classes but you get in A and it's another world. He has some wins but those guys don't cut you any slack.. It is a lot more expensive to run a quad than a bike. Suspension is big $$$. The traveling gets expensive too..
Here is a video of a start at Budds. Son is on yellow bike with yellow helmet. Has the hole shot and a guy came up and didn't let off. Took out most of the field. Budds 11-21-09 Quad "A" - YouTube