Yeah, white Toyota with FPA plates in Calvert

glhs837

Power with Control
You win the DDACCE (Daily Dumazz Award Calvert County Edition) for your heroic efforts to not only endanger yourself but others. Good going. Here's a driving protip. If a car is passing in the left lane under less than optimum conditions, it's not wise to crowd that car to less than 3 feet following distance. It's even less wise to not wait for that car to get over into the right lane, but instead initiate your pass of that car when less than half of it has gotten into the right lane, but gun it and pass with half your car over the solid white line towards the median and both your left tires in the slush and snow.

If you are an officer your risk assessment skills suck, and if you are the loved one of an officer, they have not trained you in driving half as much as they should. I wont wish a crash on you, but suspect one or more is in your future, based on the lack of judgement you used today on RT 4 through the St Leonard area around 0745. :smack:

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out
You win the DDACCE (Daily Dumazz Award Calvert County Edition) for your heroic efforts to not only endanger yourself but others. Good going. Here's a driving protip. If a car is passing in the left lane under less than optimum conditions, it's not wise to crowd that car to less than 3 feet following distance. It's even less wise to not wait for that car to get over into the right lane, but instead initiate your pass of that car when less than half of it has gotten into the right lane, but gun it and pass with half your car over the solid white line towards the median and both your left tires in the slush and snow.

If you are an officer your risk assessment skills suck, and if you are the loved one of an officer, they have not trained you in driving half as much as they should. I wont wish a crash on you, but suspect one or more is in your future, based on the lack of judgement you used today on RT 4 through the St Leonard area around 0745. :smack:

:buddies:

luvmygdaughters

Okay, can I issue one for Charles County even though I live in St.Marys? This morning about 7:30, on Rt. 6 headed to La Plata, I was doing 54, speed limit is 50. The road is slushy, especially in the center, the "richard cranium" behind me was dead on my bumper, we get to the light at Simpsons store and he passes me, with an oncoming car in the other direction. The oncoming car had to go to the shoulder. I couldnt get his tag number because he was so close behind me, I couldnt see the tag and when he passed he was flying, didnt have time to get it. I was really hoping to see his a$$ overturned in a ditch somewhere further up the road.

FED_UP

Okay, can I issue one for Charles County even though I live in St.Marys? This morning about 7:30, on Rt. 6 headed to La Plata, I was doing 54, speed limit is 50. The road is slushy, especially in the center, the "richard cranium" behind me was dead on my bumper, we get to the light at Simpsons store and he passes me, with an oncoming car in the other direction. The oncoming car had to go to the shoulder. I couldnt get his tag number because he was so close behind me, I couldnt see the tag and when he passed he was flying, didnt have time to get it. I was really hoping to see his a$$ overturned in a ditch somewhere further up the road.

Its not nice to wish an accident on someone.

bcp

In My Opinion

I have had this joy.
it was during the big snowstorms 3? years ago?
I was driving down RT-50 in the dually, 4 wheel engaged, at about 35 mph in the only lane that had been cleared down to about 1 foot depth.
Behind me was a Mercedes, he was acting the idiot with the tailgating etc....
He did finally pull into the deeper area and proceed to pass me, when he came back in front he slid and went sideways, he straightened up, and off he went.
About a mile farther down the road, he was off the side with the front end stuck in a drift. He was standing on the side trying to wave me down.
I tapped the horn, waved and kept on going.

When you are driving a 2 non 4 wheel drive vehicle, and you come up on someone with off road tires, and 6 wheels running in 4 wheel drive, Why would you think that you can out perform them in the snow? That is honestly the only real idiot I have come up on in snow.
Most people with non 4x4s know they are limited and from what Ive seen they act accordingly,, or try to.

The Dude

You mean coitus?

I am just wondering why you are driving faster than the posted speed limit in less than optimal conditions....

glhs837

Power with Control
What are FPA plates? Flat plate antennas?

Fraternal Order of Police Associate plates.

Only sworn officers can get FOP plates, I believe, whereas members of the FOP who are not officers can get these. Maybe itsrequired can give better or more accurate details.

awpitt

Main Streeter
Fraternal Order of Police Associate plates.

Only sworn officers can get FOP plates, I believe, whereas members of the FOP who are not officers can get these. Maybe itsrequired can give better or more accurate details.

You got it.

FOP Active Members get FPO tags. FOP Associate members get FPA tags.