Tongue Tied

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Found a website consisting of silly PC current events:

http://www.tonguetied.us/

People are so stupid. And white people are the stupidest of all - they apologize their faces off when they didn't even DO anything! :duh:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
My personal favorite:

http://www.tonguetied.us/archives/week_2004_03_14.php

Prison guards (er, “correctional officers”) in Edmonton, Canada are not allowed to wear stab-proof vests on the job because they might offend the prisoners, reports the Calgary Sun.

Officers at a maximum security prison operated by Corrections Canada says the Kevlar vests send a “confrontational signal” to the inmates.

"If you have that kind of presence symbolized by (a stab-proof vest), you're sending a signal to the prisoner that you consider him to be a dangerous person," said Tim Krause, an official at the prison. "It interferes with what we call 'dynamic security.' We want staff to talk to prisoners, to see how they're doing."

:killingme That's almost as good as libbies bawling their eyes out over these Iraqi cutthroats but not quite.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Well...

If you have that kind of presence symbolized by (a stab-proof vest), you're sending a signal to the prisoner that you consider him to be a dangerous person

...it's true, yes?

Hessian

What was that symbol again???

from your site...
"Signs of the Times

London’s Daily Telegraph says sign language in the UK is being changed to eliminate signs that might be considered offensive by ethnic and religious minorities and homosexuals.

The abandoned signs include "Jewish", in which a hand mimes a hooked nose; the sign for "gay", a flick of a limp wrist; and "Chinese", in which the index fingertips pull the eyes into a slant. Another dropped sign is that for "Indian", which is a finger pointing to an imaginary spot in the middle of a forehead.

The makers of a network television program for deaf people have declared the signs off-limits and ordered more culturally appropriate ones in their places.

The sign for "Indian" is now a mime of the triangular shape of the subcontinent; "Chinese" is the right hand travelling from the signer's heart across his chest horizontally, then down towards his hip, mimicking the tunic worn in China; and the sign for "gay" is an upright thumb on one hand in the palm of the other, wobbling from side to side."

Ok....I need some help figuring out the origin of the new "gay" symbol...
:biggrin:

Is there a new symbol for Iraqi?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Hessian
Is there a new symbol for Iraqi?
Yeah, but I can't show you on here or I'll have to ban myself. :biggrin:

It's not so much that people are constantly getting offended, complaining and DEMANDING apologies for stupid crap. It's that these wimps actually take them seriously and fall all over themselves to appease these nuts.