Craigslist question

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
Why would somebody request your main e-mail address or a text from your cell instead of going through Craigslist?

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
Why would somebody request your main e-mail address or a text from your cell instead of going through Craigslist?

I had someone do the same thing to me for my fridge ad. I politely told them no, there were to many people trying to scam others and if they were interested to please email me again with their phone number. I'd be happy to call and talk about my fridge. Never heard back from them.

TPD

the poor dad
I don't see all the hype over Craigslist. I placed an ad on there one time and 2 years later I am still getting spam-mails from that ad. I did not receive a single serious inquiry for what I was selling. My best success with selling stuff has been right here with the classifieds on somd.com. I listed a vehicle on here last week and sold it in less than 5 days!

tipsymcgee

I don't see all the hype over Craigslist. I placed an ad on there one time and 2 years later I am still getting spam-mails from that ad. I did not receive a single serious inquiry for what I was selling. My best success with selling stuff has been right here with the classifieds on somd.com. I listed a vehicle on here last week and sold it in less than 5 days!

Not sure about individual sales, but for real estate rentals and boats Craigslist has always been the most effective, FREE website for classifieds for me.

TPD

the poor dad
Not sure about individual sales, but for real estate rentals and boats Craigslist has always been the most effective, FREE website for classifieds for me.

It was a house I had for rent that went on Craigslist - no luck whatsoever. My sister tried selling a car there as well - same thing for her. Guess I need to buy a book - "Craigslist for Dummies". :ohwell:

PRIVATEYE

be VERY careful clicking ads on craiglist... close friend of mine had a computer crashing virus attack his computer yesterday when he clicked on an ad. completely locked his computer - had some FBI warning come up. its UGLY to get removed.

pappascw

I think it all depends on what your selling. I sold an Iphone 4 on there, got a alot of hits but a lot of crap too. A few weeks later I sold a patio set. Had 3 emails and 3 phone calls all legit in a day. Sold it within 24 hours.

C

czygvtwkr

I have had trouble on somd.com classifiedes with people telling me they want the item im selling and tell me they will show up to get it and never show. So far I have gotten about 5 no shows for every one person that actually shows.

sockgirl77

I have had trouble on somd.com classifiedes with people telling me they want the item im selling and tell me they will show up to get it and never show. So far I have gotten about 5 no shows for every one person that actually shows.

I've had good luck on somd.com classifieds but I've had horrible luck on doing FB sales.

tipsymcgee

If you do craigslist, you have to repost every day and keep on the top. The site is literally flooded now with people in the RE business, auctions, bank sales, etc., that flood the pages. I rented my condo within 1 week of putting on CL, and sold my boat although I had to repost over the course of 2 or 3 weeks before selling.

abcxyz

I have an email address just for posting on Craigslist.

My listing says:

DEFAULT EMAIL ADDRESS FOR CRAIGSLIST IS NOT MONITORED, IF SERIOUS CONTACT ME AT B L A H B L A H B L A H @ G M A I L. C 0 M (no spaces..).

Also put that your item is for sale as-is, where-is for CASH ONLY. If they want to meet with a check, tell them it must be from their local bank and you will meet them at the branch and the both of you will go in the bank to cash the check together. Cash Only, no exceptions. You have a shipping agent (common scam)? Fine- tell them to bring cash. You stuck out at sea for 6 months (common scam)? Fine- tell whoever is coming to get it to bring cash. If they are bringing cash and you can, meet at a public place with cameras (I like banks) or even the sheriffs department parking lot. Scammers aren't going to want to be caught on tape.

It will weed out 99% of the scammers.

getbent

Thats how them b*tch's R
I have an email address just for posting on Craigslist.

My listing says:

DEFAULT EMAIL ADDRESS FOR CRAIGSLIST IS NOT MONITORED, IF SERIOUS CONTACT ME AT B L A H B L A H B L A H @ G M A I L. C 0 M (no spaces..).

Also put that your item is for sale as-is, where-is for CASH ONLY. If they want to meet with a check, tell them it must be from their local bank and you will meet them at the branch and the both of you will go in the bank to cash the check together. Cash Only, no exceptions. You have a shipping agent (common scam)? Fine- tell them to bring cash. You stuck out at sea for 6 months (common scam)? Fine- tell whoever is coming to get it to bring cash. If they are bringing cash and you can, meet at a public place with cameras (I like banks) or even the sheriffs department parking lot. Scammers aren't going to want to be caught on tape.

It will weed out 99% of the scammers.

Man! I didn't think about that for my ad. Guess I'll be editing when I get home.