Bill ayers calls rahm emanuel 'right-wing troglody

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
BILL AYERS CALLS RAHM EMANUEL 'RIGHT-WING TROGLODYTE'

At a protest of Mayor Rahm Emanuel’s plan to close 54 public schools last week sixties WWeatherman Underground radical Bill Ayers interviewed by conservative columnist William J. Kelly

KELLY: What do you think of Rahm Emanuel’s plan to close the schools?

AYERS: Rahm Emanuel in an absolute right-wing troglodyte. Closing the schools is the worst thing he has done. Of all the terrible dreadful stuff he has done, this is absolutely the worst. The indication that the Democrat Party is so corrupt and so incapacitated is here we are in Chicago with a Democrat mayor, a Democratic governor, and a Democratic state legislature and still all they do is close public schools, close public housing, sell off the public space, including the parking meters and the skyway to the billionaires who are their best friends. So it is a tragedy. And the school thing couldn’t be more of a tragedy. Do you want me to say more about the schools?

:killingme

just how far left is Bill A, past Uncle Joe [Stalin]

Larry Gude

Strung Out
:killingme

just how far left is Bill A, past Uncle Joe [Stalin]

Instead of laughing, we might do well to consider what he is saying and put it in context of something useful.

I mean, for starters, it sounds accurate to me and, further, it is rather timely because this mornings 'great thought' I wanted to write about was the nature of power in America, what it is and what it is supposed to be and when you talk of power, Rahm's name comes up readily because he is known as very tough and hard nosed.

I don't think it wise to readily compliment someone like Rahm, no matter how faintly, whom I consider dangerous, just because someone perhaps more dangerous, insulted him. For one, it changes nothing about Rahm, and, for two hands him, Rahm, a free pass for what he's done and does.

Further, Ayers, if nothing else, is a known quantity, agree or not, we DO know what he thinks and why and thereby can at the very least debate on those grounds. We can't say the same about Emmanuel. And I'm a damn sight less concerned with a leftist ideologue who I understand and is NOT in any position of public power than I am over a strong man, totally unafraid of using power who I know very, very little about.

:buddies:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
All I know about RAHM is he was on Obama Staff, and a Right Winger he is NOT

He May be a Statist, or a Fascist [remember Stalin started calling people he wanted to get rid of / people who challenged his Power, Fascists - Trotsky was called a Fascist ... ] aka Totalitarian ....... but he is for Freedom and Self Governance ..... or more of the GOV is the answer ... crowd

think about that for a Moment, he was Obama's Chief of Staff ...

so for Ayres to call Rahm a Right Winger is just a continuation of what Stalin started in the 1920's - and what Progressives picked up on, and Continued

this is how we ended up with Fascists = Right Wing,

Bann

Doris Day meets Lady Gaga
PREMO Member
Instead of laughing, we might do well to consider what he is saying and put it in context of something useful.

I mean, for starters, it sounds accurate to me and, further, it is rather timely because this mornings 'great thought' I wanted to write about was the nature of power in America, what it is and what it is supposed to be and when you talk of power, Rahm's name comes up readily because he is known as very tough and hard nosed.

I don't think it wise to readily compliment someone like Rahm, no matter how faintly, whom I consider dangerous, just because someone perhaps more dangerous, insulted him. For one, it changes nothing about Rahm, and, for two hands him, Rahm, a free pass for what he's done and does.

Further, Ayers, if nothing else, is a known quantity, agree or not, we DO know what he thinks and why and thereby can at the very least debate on those grounds. We can't say the same about Emmanuel. And I'm a damn sight less concerned with a leftist ideologue who I understand and is NOT in any position of public power than I am over a strong man, totally unafraid of using power who I know very, very little about.

:buddies:

...and to think that Lucianne.com had a picture of Hillary on it's main page this morning, so I was more or less (albeit, much less) pondering the same thought. I was ruminating over the ever present rumors of her future presidential aspirations & wondering how things might have been different today had she won the 2008 Democratic nomination instead of the current officeholder. :ohwell:

Larry Gude

Strung Out
...and to think that Lucianne.com had a picture of Hillary on it's main page this morning, so I was more or less (albeit, much less) pondering the same thought. I was ruminating over the ever present rumors of her future presidential aspirations & wondering how things might have been different today had she won the 2008 Democratic nomination instead of the current officeholder. :ohwell:

Given how much things today are like they were under the previous administration, it is reasonable to assume that major things, the wars, Fed policy, Wall Street support, the Stimulus, gas prices, immigration, some sort of federal health care deal, would still have occurred. So, in terms of real differences, anh.

Past that, the right would mostly have gone back to reviling Hillary and Bill, personal attacks, rehashing all the vile things they did their first time around and probably be lamenting how maybe it would have been better had Obama won.

What do you think would be substantively different?

SamSpade

All I know about RAHM is he was on Obama Staff, and a Right Winger he is NOT

He May be a Statist, or a Fascist

My not terribly expert opinion on statists and fascists is that they ALWAYS, always, always, portray themselves as sympathetic to the desires of the *PEOPLE* over the will of the powerful, so as to distance their own motives from the ranks of the powerful. This is how they always gain power; they're populists first.

C

czygvtwkr

Past that, the right would mostly have gone back to reviling Hillary and Bill, personal attacks, rehashing all the vile things they did their first time around and probably be lamenting how maybe it would have been better had Obama won.

What do you think would be substantively different?

Larry

Politics have always been that way from the point that people stopped being led by the guy who killed the last guy in charge. Stephen Douglas called Abraham Lincoln a shaved ape.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Larry

Politics have always been that way from the point that people stopped being led by the guy who killed the last guy in charge. Stephen Douglas called Abraham Lincoln a shaved ape.

What does that have to do with policy? Aren't we talking about policy here or, are we truly only interested in personalities????

Abraham Lincoln was decidedly different, in terms of policy, than James Buchanan. Ronald Reagan was very different, in terms of policy, than Jimmy Carter. George W. Bush and Barack H. Obama are, substantively, the same.

C

czygvtwkr

Ahem

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
.... portray themselves as sympathetic to the desires of the *PEOPLE* over the will of the powerful, so as to distance their own motives from the ranks of the powerful. This is how they always gain power; they're populists first.

IIRC Ayers was of the same ilk, 'The Weatherman' was some Marxist revolutionary - over through the GOV group in the 60's