Ants & Grasshoppers V.2013

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
The fable about the ant & the grasshopper is hundreds of years old. Various versions can trace this tale back 1800+ years. This parable has never been more pertinent than today.

Originally it was a story about being industrious versus sloth and laziness. While hard work is not always enjoyable, it does have incredible benefits. In the years before social safety nets and needs based welfare programs, those that produced got to eat. The idle had to rely on the benevolence of the rest of society.

Fast forward to 21st century America. We are a nation that has lost it's way. Somewhere along the way, in our desire to help the less fortunate, we have created an environment that rewards improvidence. We now are seeing 3rd generation welfare 'families'. This is the desired lifestyle instead of working for a living. I dare anyone to find me someone on welfare that has been able to put aside a tidy nest egg for the future.

This is not a poke at the truly needy, the invalid or those temporarily down on their luck. My rub is with the chronically lazy, the scammers and those who feel society some how owes them.

Accept welfare and you have pretty much decided your lot in life. You will have no tangible assets to pass along to your heirs. You will live check to check. You will be despised by the producers of society. Your pleas for fairness and your hand out for more will be met with indifference. You will hate the industrious and the objects the accumulate. You MAY even justify criminal acts against those workers and some how justify crime as necessary to even the playing field.

So when the government teat runs dry, what will you do? I doubt your up-to-now generous neighbors will have the desire to continue to provide your daily needs. Remember every dollar that Uncle Sugar gives to you was earned by someone else and they never got a chance to spend their own money.

Rant over, we now resume our regular scheduled program.......