It's O'Malley's third trip to Israel

Dakota

~~~~~~~
What business does he have to go there??? And I take it the tax payers are footing these expenses???

O'Malley to head for Middle East - WTOP.com

It’s O’Malley’s third trip to Israel. He went once when he was mayor of Baltimore and in 2008 as governor. It’s the governor’s first trip to Jordan, where he will speak to business and government leaders at a dinner reception.

The governor is going with a delegation of more than 30 business, civil and higher education leaders. They are scheduled to arrive in Jerusalem on Sunday. It will then travel first to Amman, Jordan, and return to Israel for the rest of the trip.

Gov. Martin O’Malley To Head For Middle East « CBS Baltimore

awpitt

Main Streeter
What business does he have to go there???

Governors do this sort of thing more than you realize. It's a trip to promote trade and investment in Maryland.

Business Leaders, Educators, and Civic Leaders to Join Governor O’Malley on Mission to Israel and Jordan « Governor O

During the mission, Governor O’Malley will promote Maryland as an ideal location for Israeli businesses looking to have a U.S. presence, particularly those in life sciences, cyber security, information technology, aerospace and defense – industries that are strong for both Maryland and Israel. The Governor will address Israeli businesses during a dinner reception at U.S. Ambassador to Israel Dan Shapiro’s residence and is scheduled to meet with executives of ELTA Systems, the Israeli aerospace company that recently opened a U.S office in Howard County with plans to create 100 new high-tech jobs. The Governor is also scheduled to visit the Tel Aviv Stock Exchange.

Vince

He wants to get into practice so he can say he's got diplomatic experience when he runs for president. He's already got practice wasting our tax dollars at the state level and throwing us into debt. He ought to fit right in for the next Dem president. An obama clone.

Last edited:

GW8345

Not White House Approved
He needs to bring in new businesses to replace all the ones he’s ran out of this state due to his high taxes and stupid regulations. He’s hoping that no one in Israel knows his true record and would gullible to set up shop in this state.

He’s also courting the Jewish vote in preparation for running for president, trying to make himself look like a friend of Israel.

This trip has nothing to do with getting businesses to come to this state; it has everything to do with his potential run in 2016. He’s a liberal politician, the only time he does something, it is for himself; liberals are self serving and only do things when it benefits themselves.

abcxyz

Governors It's a trip to promote trade and investment in Maryland.

His sales pitch:

I will tax the snot out of you
I will tax the snot out of your upper management even more
I won't allow criminals to be scared of the death penalty
I won't allow you as a lawful citizen protect yourself from my voters with a gun

Repeat more of the above a few thousand times.

bcp

In My Opinion
Exactly what is it that Isreal produces that Maryland needs? and exactly what is it that is produced in Maryland that Israel has a need for?

pretty much nothing.

So lets look at this for what it is.
Exposure to the world to give credibility to an OweMalley run for president.
Nothing more.

Sweet 16

^^8^^
Anyone stupid enough to be lured into doing business with this state is too stupid to do business in this state! Let's hope they're smarter than MOM.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
He needs to bring in new businesses to replace all the ones he’s ran out of this state due to his high taxes and stupid regulations. He’s hoping that no one in Israel knows his true record and would gullible to set up shop in this state.

That is my thing... during his time as governor, he has done NOTHING for business and it is proven that businesses are packing up and leaving yet he is going to take a trip over to Israel with 30 other people for the purpose of promoting business growth here in Maryland... the most business unfriendly state???

BOP

Exactly what is it that Isreal produces that Maryland needs? and exactly what is it that is produced in Maryland that Israel has a need for?

pretty much nothing.

Nothing more.

Lots of defense industries do business with the US.

MarieB

Governors do this sort of thing more than you realize. It's a trip to promote trade and investment in Maryland.

Business Leaders, Educators, and Civic Leaders to Join Governor O’Malley on Mission to Israel and Jordan « Governor O

I remember Gary Locke doing the same, only he traveled to China.

Gary Locke's Visit To Chengdu Wasn't Just A Business Trip. He Hopes China And Washington Can Expand Cultural And Educational Ties As Well

Business | Governor Draws Crowd -- Gary Locke's Visit To Chengdu Wasn't Just A Business Trip. He Hopes China And Washington Can Expand Cultural And Educational Ties As Well | Seattle Times Newspaper

MMDad

Lem Putt

pretty much nothing.

Nothing more.

Maybe he's going there to broker a deal between Israel and Beretta? Ooops, he ran them out of the state. Never mind.

mamatutu

mama to two
Maybe he's going there to broker a deal between Israel and Beretta? Ooops, he ran them out of the state. Never mind.

I see what you did there! :roflmao: Beretta is an Italian company founded 500 years ago, and has no connection to Israel. Good one! It makes O'Malley's third trip that much more absurd. I am still trying to count up my pennies for the rain tax! Pennies from heaven! I am expecting that the next tax will be for sewage, and we will be taxed on our excrements! Will they do an arial digital survey of that, also. Oh dear, cameras in our bathrooms. :yikes: O'Malley is a piece of...oh, nevermind.

Dakota

~~~~~~~
I see what you did there! :roflmao: Beretta is an Italian company founded 500 years ago, and has no connection to Israel. Good one! It makes O'Malley's third trip that much more absurd. I am still trying to count up my pennies for the rain tax! Pennies from heaven! I am expecting that the next tax will be for sewage, and we will be taxed on our excrements! Will they do an arial digital survey of that, also. Oh dear, cameras in our bathrooms. :yikes: O'Malley is a piece of...oh, nevermind.

You already pay a sewage type tax - but lordy, if they start charging by the shiat full these politicians will be in the poor house since they are all full of shiat.