Mark 8:22-26 A beautiful story

hotcoffee

Jesus Heals a Blind Man at Bethsaida

Mark 8:22 They came to Bethsaida, and some people brought a blind man and begged Jesus to touch him. 23 He took the blind man by the hand and led him outside the village. When he had spit on the man’s eyes and put his hands on him, Jesus asked, “Do you see anything?”

24 He looked up and said, “I see people; they look like trees walking around.”

25 Once more Jesus put his hands on the man’s eyes. Then his eyes were opened, his sight was restored, and he saw everything clearly. 26 Jesus sent him home, saying, “Don’t even go into[a] the village.”​

a. Mark 8:26 Some manuscripts go and tell anyone in

I've taught this story in Sunday School. I just love it. I really like it when Jesus says "Don't bother going into the village". Jewish Law at the time said that when someone was healed they had to go to the temple and be declared clean.

Come to think of it.... I bet Jesus was really getting on the Pharisees and all because they had to do their jobs.... I mean with so many people being cleansed of leprosy, they were busier than ever with all the livestock to be sacrificed. That's why they wanted Jesus gone.... :coffee:

Anyway... Jesus knew this man had just received one of the most important and enjoyable senses. He told Him not to bother going to the Temple... It's like He said "go enjoy your new sight.... "

What a gift....

:coffee:

Last edited: