Mark 9:30-37 Jesus predicts His death again

hotcoffee

Jesus Predicts His Death a Second Time

Mark 9:30 They left that place and passed through Galilee. Jesus did not want anyone to know where they were, 31 because he was teaching his disciples. He said to them, “The Son of Man is going to be delivered into the hands of men. They will kill him, and after three days he will rise.” 32 But they did not understand what he meant and were afraid to ask him about it.

33 They came to Capernaum. When he was in the house, he asked them, “What were you arguing about on the road?” 34 But they kept quiet because on the way they had argued about who was the greatest.

35 Sitting down, Jesus called the Twelve and said, “Anyone who wants to be first must be the very last, and the servant of all.”

36 He took a little child whom he placed among them. Taking the child in his arms, he said to them, 37 “Whoever welcomes one of these little children in my name welcomes me; and whoever welcomes me does not welcome me but the one who sent me.”​

My friend and I were talking about the news I got about the cancer yesterday. I know I'm probably going to get some cancer gone wild in a few years. Some chemo is available that will fight the little microscopic cancer cells that might be there.... but it won't really help and it would have some pretty severe side affects. I have a gene passed down from my mom that makes cancer a probability. So that's why I get to say today I'm cancer free and NO chemo this time. In my case, the side effects outweigh the possible benefits of chemo.

Jesus knew He was going to hang on the cross for us. He was willing to do that because the benefits would outweigh the side affects. He came here to sacrifice Himself for us. He knew He would be utterly humiliated by being hung on the cross. He knew that He would lay in a tomb, dead, for 3 days. But He knew that if He could endure all that, He could save all those whom He loved so much.

I think it's human to want to be loved the most. You know what I mean? In the beginning when the pathology reports were a long way off... I kept telling myself that this was going to be Stage II or Stage III no chemo required. Then the results came in Stage IV.... chemo.... I was stunned. I had a few "why me Lord" moments. "Hundreds of people were praying for me, they'll be disappointed Lord. Why Stage IV Lord? What about the young prayer warriors?"

We need to be like children. Willing to trust, willing to learn, willing to see the beauty of creation. Then we will see just how important we are to Him.

I think that's what He was telling the disciples when He told them that you have to be like a child. Trust Him.... He loves you and everything will be ok. He died for us. He loves us. That's all we really need to know....

:coffee:

Last edited: