I need to get over this

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
AGAIN today in the Wash Post there was a big ol' front page picture of the "atrocities" visited upon Iraqi POWs. They also had it as the front page of the Style section, so the people who only read the comics wouldn't miss it.

This is like 5 days straight they've had this as their lead story. Guess how many days and headlines they devoted to the Iraqis burning, dismembering and hanging our guys? One.

Next to the zillions of pictures of naked Iraqis, I'd like to see those pics of the Iraqi savages poking sticks at the charred bodies of our guys. Show the folks at home what a REAL atrocity is.

:burning:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by willie
I thought the same thing when, this morning, it expanded to the Style section.

I know im going to regret asking but how did they incorporate this into the style section?:lol:

nomoney

NEWS FLASH!!!! CNN UPDATE!!!

THIS JUST IN!!! President Bush says he is sorry for the humiliation suffered by Iraqi prisoners at the hands of U.S. troops.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by nomoney
NEWS FLASH!!!! CNN UPDATE!!!

THIS JUST IN!!! President Bush says he is sorry for the humiliation suffered by Iraqi prisoners at the hands of U.S. troops.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST LADIES AND GENTLEMEN.

President Bush admitting that he is sorry. Maybe there is a chance for him to win the election now.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by BuddyLee
President Bush admitting that he is sorry. Maybe there is a chance for him to win the election now.
BL, do you honestly think this is going to make one bit of difference? People like me are going to say he's a wimp and should have never apologized. Liberals will use this as PROOF that he's over there personally beating prisoners.

By trying to appease everyone, you end up pleasing no one.

Vince

Originally posted by vraiblonde
This is like 5 days straight they've had this as their lead story. Guess how many days and headlines they devoted to the Iraqis burning, dismembering and hanging our guys? One.

Next to the zillions of pictures of naked Iraqis, I'd like to see those pics of the Iraqi savages poking sticks at the charred bodies of our guys. Show the folks at home what a REAL atrocity is.

:yeahthat: Bet you ain't heard the last of it either.

BuddyLee

Football addict
BL, do you honestly think this is going to make one bit of difference? People like me are going to say he's a wimp and should have never apologized. Liberals will use this as PROOF that he's over there personally beating prisoners.

By trying to appease everyone, you end up pleasing no one.

Actually no sarcasm was involved in my statement. I like someone that admits to the faults he/she may or may not be accountable for.

SmallTown

Football season!
AGAIN today in the Wash Post there was a big ol' front page picture of the "atrocities" visited upon Iraqi POWs. They also had it as the front page of the Style section, so the people who only read the comics wouldn't miss it.

we expect more from our people. lead by example.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by SmallTown
we expect more from our people. lead by example.
We've been leading by example for a very long time now and it doesn't seem to be doing us any good. Do you think the Arabs will suddenly throw down their arms and say, "You Satans were right all along! We're going to have Ariel Sharon speak at our next Diversity Day!"?

SmallTown

Football season!
We've been leading by example for a very long time now and it doesn't seem to be doing us any good. Do you think the Arabs will suddenly throw down their arms and say, "You Satans were right all along! We're going to have Ariel Sharon speak at our next Diversity Day!"?

And I'm sure the arabs are jumping for joy over these pics. I guess Bush got bored with Fox news and that is why he went on the arab networks to "discuss" the issue :rolleyes:

BuddyLee

Football addict
Originally posted by kwillia
I'm sorry you got admitted to those philosophy classes.... it's all my fault you are only going to stay married as long as the love shall last...:bawl:

Maybe my love will last longer. What if love lasts after death.:wink:

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
And I'm sure the arabs are jumping for joy over these pics.
Just like we were jumping for joy over the charred service members being poked with sticks?

PS, these POWs were probably the same guys who tortured people for Saddam for all those years. The Iraqi people might not be as upset about this as you might hope.

SamSpade

Did anyone here ever pledge a fraternity?

Call me insensitive, but what they did to these guys is kid's stuff compared to a few week's worth of fraternity hazing. Making guys streak across campus and through classes naked. One of our marine leaders hijacked the Army ROTC drill instructor in front of his CLASS, stripped him naked, covered his body with Marine Corp bumper stickers, tied him up in a duffel bag and left him in the downtown Jack in the Box.

This is *torture*? I'm ashamed of our troops.

They can do BETTER than this. Wimps! Didn't they learn ANYTHING about humiliation in boot camp?

SmallTown

Football season!
Originally posted by SamSpade
Did anyone here ever pledge a fraternity?

Call me insensitive, but what they did to these guys is kid's stuff compared to a few week's worth of fraternity hazing. Making guys streak across campus and through classes naked. One of our marine leaders hijacked the Army ROTC drill instructor in front of his CLASS, stripped him naked, covered his body with Marine Corp bumper stickers, tied him up in a duffel bag and left him in the downtown Jack in the Box.

This is *torture*? I'm ashamed of our troops.

They can do BETTER than this. Wimps! Didn't they learn ANYTHING about humiliation in boot camp?

it happened before, so it is ok?

clinton got blown in the oval office, so it is now ok for other presidents to do the same?

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Oh, look.....

http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=sto...0506/ap_on_re_mi_ea/iraq_prisoner_1&printer=1

He said he spent the next three months at the Camp Bucca detention camp in southern Iraq, then was brought to Iraq's biggest prison, Abu Ghraib, on the western outskirts of Baghdad.

"Everyone treated me well," he said.

But when he and other prisoners beat up a fellow detainee who had been chosen by the Americans to run their part of the prison, Abed and six other men were taken from the tent camp where they had been held into Abu Ghraib's solitary detention area.

That's when their nightmare began, he said.

NOW the real story is coming out.

BuddyLee

Football addict

clinton got blown in the oval office, so it is now ok for other presidents to do the same?

I say we bring back the Nazi prison camps or the Bataan(sp) death march.:rolleyes:

SamSpade

Interesting comment. Most Democrats I know think what he did in the Oval Office was perfectly ok, and his own business.

No, what they did was *juvenile*. And if it had been the CIA grilling these guys, there'd be no pictures. Who the hell takes PICTURES of stupid stuff?

Of course it wasn't right to do this. And it will only serve to enrage the Arabs. But really, let's get some perspective on this. I had kids spit on me and wipe boogers on me in grade school. I got humiliated.

But this PALES in comparison to having your head blown off on camera - to having your charred skull crushed under foot. Comparisons to Saddam are ridiculous - which would you rather face, after blowing someone's friend to hell - a little nakedness, or Uday's wood chipper?

SamSpade

Originally posted by BuddyLee
I say we bring back the Nazi prison camps or the Bataan(sp) death march.:rolleyes:

I'll go one better. Tell them, hey, we're no better than Saddam? Fine. We HAVE him. Here he is, we'll just put him back in his palace like NOTHING happened. I'm sure he's learned his lesson by now and will be MUCH nicer than the Americans.