Benghazi Conspiracy Theories Debunked

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

"The “whistleblowers” at today’s House Oversight Committee hearing on what really happened in Benghazi, Libya last September were supposed to break the dam that would lead to President Obama’s eventual downfall, in the eyes of conservatives. Instead, these witness actually served to debunk several theories that the right-wing has pushed on Benghazi, leaving the hearing a fizzle for the GOP:

1. F-16s could have been sent to Benghazi

Part of the prevailing theory surrounding the events the night of the Benghazi attacks is that the Obama administration did not do enough militarily to respond to the crisis. Gregory Hicks — a Foreign Service Officer and the former Deputy Chief of Mission at the U.S. Embassy in Libya — claimed during his pre-hearing testimony that fighter jets could have been flown over Benghazi, preventing the second wave of the attack from occurring.

Ranking Member Rep. Elijah Cummings (D-MD) questioned that statement, asking Hicks whether he disagreed with Chairman of the Joint Chief of Staff Gen Martin Dempsey’s assessment that no air assets were in range the night of the attack. Hicks didn’t disagree, saying he was “speaking from [his] perspective” and what “veteran Libyan revolutionaries” told him, rather than Pentagon assessments.

2. Hillary Clinton signed cables denying additional security to Benghazi

House Republicans came to the conclusion in their interim report on Benghazi that former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton lied to them about what she knew and when during her testimony this January. This includes her statement that at no time was she aware of requests for additional security at the diplomatic facility in Benghazi prior to the attack.

Rep. Carolyn Maloney (D-NY) used her time to take issue with this claim, asking all three witnesses about standard protocol for cables leaving the State Department. All three agreed with Maloney, that the Secretary of State’s name is placed at the bottom of all outgoing cables and telegrams from Foggy Bottom, whether the Secretary has viewed them or not, shooting down the GOP claim."

willie

That left wing wacko rag reporter saw a different hearing than the one I saw. Elijah Cummings is a "Progressive" puppet besides being a moron.

SamSpade

#2 doesn't say anything - only that it can't be *proven* she didn't sign. Beyond that, we have to take Hillary at her word.

Other material? The command to "stand down". The team was told to stay where they were. As one Pentagon official said, they weren't told to do nothing, just not to leave where they were. Split hairs much?

thesilentwoman

"No report of demonstrations was made by the Mission in Benghazi." EVERY utterance of The Administration with regard to what was happening and why was a FABRICATION. An UNTRUTH. A BIG, FAT LIE. What part of this do you NOT understand? The Administration left these people in a hostile environment on 9/11, with no plan for their safety, no plan for their rescue, no plan...NO PLAN. But Hillary wants us to believe that Chris Stevens knew the risks and that he died doing what he loved, right?
Remember this, January 25, 2012? "U.S. Special Operations forces rescued an American hostage and her Danish colleague in Somalia early Wednesday in the kind of daring raid that the Obama administration has said will be the hallmark of future U.S. military missions. Officials said the raid, by members of the Navy SEAL Team 6 unit that killed Osama bin Laden in May, demonstrated President Obama’s focus on the narrow, targeted use of force after a decade of large-scale military deployments. The mission is “yet another message to the world that the United States of America will stand strongly against any threats to our people,” Obama said in a statement Wednesday morning."
So an Aid Worker, who also knew the risks of travel in Somalia and went there voluntarily, gets better service from this Administration than our diplomats and their measly little security team?
This Administration continues to pee on our legs and tell us that it's raining. But some enjoy bathing in The Golden Shower like it's The Fountain of Truth. And there shall they drown.

laynpipe

This is the part most people are missing or refuse to come to terms with.

THE VIDEO !!

I remember watching the news and for days there were riots and protests in many parts of the east. There was young people over there being interviewed by American broadcasters that specifically said they were protesting and marching in the streets because of this video. By all accounts, based on what I was seeing on every single news channel, the attack started as a protest spawned from the video. I watched a spokesperson from that region sit down with news crews and be very specific in telling what it was about the video that incited the protesting and rioting. From what I was watching, I to felt it was related to the video, and not a specific, targeted, planned attack. Weather it was a protest gone to far, or an outright, deliberate and planned attack, the outcome was the same.

The fact that people are trying to tar and feather Obama and Hilary is simply a reach in desperation. Again, most folks I have talked to don't seem to care to much about this, which is why I honestly don't believe this will amount to a hill of beans.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
By all accounts, based on what I was seeing on every single news channel, the attack started as a protest spawned from the video.

All accounts?? What accounts were those? It has been determined beyond a shadow of a doubt, and long ago, that there was never a protest or gathering of any kind at the consulate that day. There was only a multi-pronged coordinated attack by a group of heavily-armed individuals that materialized sometime right after 9pm. Furthermore, their jihadist affliliation was known within less than 24 hours after the attacks occurred.

You need to get out more.

MMDad

Lem Putt

THE VIDEO !!

I remember watching the news and for days there were riots and protests in many parts of the east. There was young people over there being interviewed by American broadcasters that specifically said they were protesting and marching in the streets because of this video. By all accounts, based on what I was seeing on every single news channel, the attack started as a protest spawned from the video. I watched a spokesperson from that region sit down with news crews and be very specific in telling what it was about the video that incited the protesting and rioting. From what I was watching, I to felt it was related to the video, and not a specific, targeted, planned attack. Weather it was a protest gone to far, or an outright, deliberate and planned attack, the outcome was the same.

The fact that people are trying to tar and feather Obama and Hilary is simply a reach in desperation. Again, most folks I have talked to don't seem to care to much about this, which is why I honestly don't believe this will amount to a hill of beans.
The President of Libya said it was an attack, not a protest. There is no evidence it was a protest. There is tons of evidence it was an attack by AQ, on 9/11. Obama claimed in the debates that he called it a terrorist attack the next day.

The administration lied. They went with this stupid video story, their lap dog buddies in the media helped spread the lie, and stupid people like you believed it. You still believe it in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary.

SamSpade

THE VIDEO !!

Because it is irrelevant. There is absolutely no reason in any way - nor does the State Department continue to promote the story - that the video had anything to do whatsoever with how the attack in Benghazi unfolded.

In fact, much of the concern over Benghazi is that the State Department knew the video had nothing to do with it, but continued to press the story even after it became obviously false.

It had as much do with the video as it did with the August jobs report - that is to say, nothing.

It was NOT a spontaneous mob angrily protesting a video - it was a carefully planned terrorist attack that lasted throughout the night. MOBS do not arrive at protests with sophisticated weaponry.

If you think your friends don't care about Benghazi, do you really think this attack was spawned by a video that none of your friends - and apparently, few to no persons on Libya - have ever seen?

PsyOps

Pixelated

THE VIDEO !!

Obama claims he knew it was a terrorist attack on Sept 12. Yet he and Rice went on a propaganda campaign telling everyone it was a protest gone wrong. The only on tarring and feathering Obama and Clinton is Obama and Clinton. It took them 12 days to finally admit they were wrong; that it was a terrorist attack.

And who cares if the folks you talk to don’t care about it. What bearing does that play on getting to the truth? Four Americans were senselessly murdered and people you talk to don't care. You're talking to wrong people.

laynpipe

All I can say is.......just wait and see what comes out of the hearings. My bet is this is just another desperate reach by the right that will fail and continue to shed a blisteringly bad light on the GOP. Not to mention the waist of tax dollars.

And you my friend need to come to terms with some sort of reality.

laynpipe

Obama claims he knew it was a terrorist attack on Sept 12. Yet he and Rice went on a propaganda campaign telling everyone it was a protest gone wrong. The only on tarring and feathering Obama and Clinton is Obama and Clinton. It took them 12 days to finally admit they were wrong; that it was a terrorist attack.

And who cares if the folks you talk to don’t care about it. What bearing does that play on getting to the truth? Four Americans were senselessly murdered and people you talk to don't care. You're talking to wrong people.

Didn't this get disproven during the Romney-Obama debates ? Didn't we all see the video all over the news of Obama proclaiming it a senseless act of terror in the rose garden speech the day after ? Wasn't this one of the things that made Romney look like an idiot during that debate ?

But besides all that....exactly what difference does it make what its called ? Weather its called a terrorist attack or game of patty cake, the outcome was the same. Why all the conspiracy nonsense about what its called ?

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Didn't we all see the video all over the news of Obama proclaiming it a senseless act of terror in the rose garden speech the day after ?

Actually, no.."We" did not see Barry proclaim the attack in Banghaza a senseless act of terror. So how about you provide a link to said video?

MMDad

Lem Putt
Didn't this get disproven during the Romney-Obama debates ? Didn't we all see the video all over the news of Obama proclaiming it a senseless act of terror in the rose garden speech the day after ? Wasn't this one of the things that made Romney look like an idiot during that debate ?

But besides all that....exactly what difference does it make what its called ? Weather its called a terrorist attack or game of patty cake, the outcome was the same. Why all the conspiracy nonsense about what its called ?

If Obama said it was terrorism, why do you still think it isn't? Is it because then they went with the video lie, and you believed it?

You are terribly uninformed. You don't even know what the truth was from the debate, yet here you are spouting your faulty recollection. I wish people like you didn't vote. Ignorance is a terrible thing.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
Why all the conspiracy nonsense about what its called ?

So why did they go to such great lengths (now well documented by the related email trail) to describe it as something it was not when they knew that from the beginning? What purpose would it have served?..or did serve?