Arvin Vohra on tyranny....

Chris0nllyn

Arvin Vohra, Libertarian candidate for the House of Delegates, District 15, Maryland last year wrote this the other day...

Recently, president Obama warned graduate students about libertarians, saying, “They’ll warn that tyranny is always lurking just around the corner. You should reject these voices.”

Mr. Obama, you completely misunderstood. Tyranny is not just around the corner. It’s here. When half of your earnings are taken from you and used for foolish or harmful purposes, that’s already tyranny. When a government tells you how much you can eat or drink, or how you can enjoy yourself, that’s already tyranny. When your money is used to fund immoral and unneeded wars that serve only to enrich crony corporatist defense contractors, that’s already tyranny. When you are not allowed to exercise your natural and fundamental right to defend yourself or your children, as is the case in “gun free” school zones, that’s already tyranny.

And when you are not allowed to exercise your fair and fundamental right to vote your conscience, because a two party duopoly won’t let any challengers on the ballot, that is most definitely, absolutely, unquestionably tyranny. Whether it’s Democrats in Maryland or Republicans in Pennsylvania, both agree that it’s appropriate to use immoral, underhanded tactics to keep Libertarians off the ballot.

President Obama, we weren’t warning about tyranny. We were describing the current tyranny. But we do have a warning for the corporations and unions that benefit from the cronyist practices of the Republicans and Democrats. Things are about to change. Freedom is around the corner.

If you’re used to lucrative government contracts that overpay you for unneeded work, be warned. Freedom is around the corner. Those contracts will be evaporating.

If you chose to work for the DEA, or one of the many other agencies whose sole purpose is to meddle in the lives of peaceful, nonviolent civilians, be warned. Freedom is around the corner. You may be looking for a new job.

If you’re a country that’s used to handouts of money stolen from American citizens, be warned. Freedom is around the corner. You will have to pay for your own defense, or ask for voluntary donations.

If you are used to getting huge taxpayer bailouts and subsidies, whether you are a wall street bank like Goldman Sachs, or a giant agricorporation like Monsanto, be warned. Freedom is around the corner. Those subsidies will be vanishing.

PsyOps

Pixelated
Arvin Vohra, Libertarian candidate for the House of Delegates, District 15, Maryland last year wrote this the other day...
Recently, president Obama warned graduate students about libertarians, saying, “They’ll warn that tyranny is always lurking just around the corner. You should reject these voices.”

When I heard this from Obama the first thing that came to mind was: anytime a politician tells you to not listen to something, you better listen to it.

You can find quote after quote of our founders' concerns for tyranny when they were drafting the constitution. That is the absolute reason for the constitution; to keep the power in the peoples’ hands to prevent tyranny. With human nature, we should have learned from history tyranny is always a threat to liberty. So when someone tells you to not worry about it – WORRY ABOUT IT MORE! If it truly was something we wouldn't have to worry about, there would be no need for a president to make a speech telling us to reject such concerns.

Chris0nllyn

When I heard this from Obama the first thing that came to mind was: anytime a politician tells you to not listen to something, you better listen to it.

You can find quote after quote of our founders' concerns for tyranny when they were drafting the constitution. That is the absolute reason for the constitution; to keep the power in the peoples’ hands to prevent tyranny. With human nature, we should have learned from history tyranny is always a threat to liberty. So when someone tells you to not worry about it – WORRY ABOUT IT MORE! If it truly was something we wouldn't have to worry about, there would be no need for a president to make a speech telling us to reject such concerns.

I'm curious if any student that was there feels this way...

tommyjo

Wow...what a load of BS. When you campaign on a platform of fear, negativity, hatred/bigotry and a galactic level of stupidity...you are destined to lose.

You actually believe all this garbage? You think a "Libertarian" is going to get into office and magically you will be "free" to do what ever your little heart desires? No matter what it costs you or others?

No one can keep you off the ballot...if you believe so fiercely in someone...write them in. Being on the ballot has no value if the candidates positions are load BS...as most of this appears to be.

You think the DEA's "sole purpose" is to "meddle in the live of citizens"?

Christ...this is some of the dumbest stuff I have read on here...you sure this isn't copied from The Blaze or Briebart? This is idiotic.

Chris0nllyn

Wow...what a load of BS. When you campaign on a platform of fear, negativity, hatred/bigotry and a galactic level of stupidity...you are destined to lose.

Do you live downwind from a power plant?

I was going to answer your idiotic statements.....then I realized you have no ####ing clue what you are talking about.

Chris0nllyn

what the hell...I'm bored anyway.

Show me an example of any Libertarian running a campagin platform that you described.

You actually believe all this garbage? You think a "Libertarian" is going to get into office and magically you will be "free" to do what ever your little heart desires? No matter what it costs you or others?

How is that any different from people continually voting for Republicans or Democrats on nothing more than empty promises? Besides, the Libertarian platform isn't "Do what you want", it's "Your right to swing your fist stops at my nose.". Libertarians believe that people have rights to do what they please, as long as it doesn't affect others. If it does, we have laws for that....you know, like assault, murder, etc.

No one can keep you off the ballot...if you believe so fiercely in someone...write them in. Being on the ballot has no value if the candidates positions are load BS...as most of this appears to be.

Not every state allows write-in candidates. Being on the ballot has no value when the two major parties buy the election. By the way, Republicans and Democrats outspent Libertarians $666 to $1 to receive 99 times the votes.

While the two establishment parties are accused of selling their political souls to obtain the massive amount of corporate and special interest funding needed to prop up their candidates each election, the Libertarians actually turn a profit on each new member. But then, it’s easy to be a successful salesman when you’ve got a legitimate product to sell.

Did I write the paper? Buit since you asked, yes.

The DEA's purpose is to enforce draconian drug laws that have never worked, and have done nothing but cost this country, and taxpayers over $14,664,697,712.

Christ...this is some of the dumbest stuff I have read on here...you sure this isn't copied from The Blaze or Briebart? This is idiotic.

When you don't have anything educated to say, fall back on comparing everything to The Blaze. :bigwhoop:

:dye:

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss

You're right on in the sense that no true libertarian would want to rule anyone else. These guys are Libertarians. Make note of the difference and file it away.

PsyOps

Pixelated

^ :inane: ^​