The Party That ‘Cries Wolf’.....

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

"For months, Fox News has been promising to blow open the Benghazi cover-up that they’re sure is worse than Watergate, Iran-Contra and the Titanic, multiplied by the Hindenburg to the Teapot Dome Scandal power. And again and again, the same essential facts have emerged. As protests raged at U.S. embassies across the region, the U.S. military tried and failed to protect the diplomatic mission in Benghazi.

On Wednesday’s Daily Show, Jon Stewart explained how Republicans and Fox News are outraged at a supposed cover-up that they can’t prove or explain, and are equally outraged that no one else is outraged.

The right suggests the lack of outrage in Benghazi is part of the left’s continued control of the media. But the media loves a good scandal, and would jump right in if one existed.

The fact is, most Americans are skeptical of the GOP not because of media bias, but because we have a memory. We all know the the GOP has a tendency, as Hypervocal‘s Slade Sohmer points out, to “cry wolf.”

We remember the ridiculous impeachment of President Clinton. We remember the fixed intelligence that led to the Iraq War. We remember birtherism, Solyndra, Fast and Furious — all examples of the GOP trying to conjure scandals that in no way resonated with the American public.

And some of us even remember Mitt Romney politicizing the attacks in Libya within hours of the deaths of Ambassador Stevens and three other Americans, attacking embassy officials in a bizarre manner that continued his obsession of accusing President Obama of “apologizing for America.” Romney humiliated himself that night, and again in the second presidential debate when he accused the president of refusing to call the attacks “terror” when Obama had in fact used that exact word the day after the attack."

lol! Watch the video.

Chris0nllyn

Why must everything be partisan?

Why can't people demand answers after 4 servicemen are killed due to the misconduct of those of higher ranks?

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
"For months, Fox News has been promising to blow open the Benghazi cover-up that they’re sure is worse than Watergate, Iran-Contra and the Titanic, multiplied by the Hindenburg to the Teapot Dome Scandal power. And again and again, the same essential facts have emerged. As protests raged at U.S. embassies across the region, the U.S. military tried and failed to protect the diplomatic mission in Benghazi.

There was no protest, only an attack.
The ambassador called DC and said he was under attack.
Obama said "F@ck him, let him die because I've already said Al Queda is on the run"

Please remind me, who died at Watergate?

blazinlow89

Big Poppa
There was no protest, only an attack.
The ambassador called DC and said he was under attack.
Obama said "F@ck him, let him die because I've already said Al Queda is on the run"

Please remind me, who died at Watergate?

I thought it was standard practice to bring mortars, automatic weapons and grenades to a protest.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I thought it was standard practice to bring mortars, automatic weapons and grenades to a protest.

ME too. I know I always do. That ..and plenty of belted ammo. But out of all of that, its mortars that are especially effective in an impromptu situation.:whistle:

mamatutu

mama to two
The party that cries wolf? It is better than being a party that is a 'wolf in sheep's clothing'. And, Chris, is right, why is this event so partisan? An Ambassador and brave military patriots died. Why shouldn't Americans be given answers, and the truth?

PsyOps

Pixelated
The party that cried wolf?

Which party is on a constant compaign to stigmatize the GOP for:

- Wanting to starve our kids
- Wanting to push granny over the cliff
- Wanting to take peoples' SS away
- Wanting to destroy the environment
- Bush lied people died
- The GOP are nothing but a bunch of old white racists

Heck the OP article is a 'cry wolf' whinefest. :bigwhoop: