Israel Must Be Boycotted

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

"What is a boycott? A boycott is about applying pressure in an effort to effect change, a nonviolent way of expressing opposition to a particular policy. As part of a wider campaign, it is a way to challenge or end complicity in a practice viewed as objectionable. Boycotts and divestments are strategies of the weak against the powerful, and, in some contexts - such as Palestine/Israel - they are also responses of solidarity with a group that asks for outside support in a struggle for justice.

That is an important place to start because of all the disingenuousness and red herrings used in the discussion by Israel's apologists and opponents of the boycott. But why is Stephen Hawking right to boycott Israel? Indeed, why are any of the growing list of celebrities, trade unions, faith communities, and student unions right to support the BDS campaign?

Last edited by a moderator:

itsbob

I bowl overhand
Why don't you just come out and say it..

You'd like to see the devastation and the end of Israel and all the Jews that live there.

You would like the Palestinians and the Muslims to get there way by first starting with the eradication of the Jews..

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
:killingme What an idiot, There is only ONE stable democracy in the middle east and the progressives want to bring it down

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
Hawking smeared as an anti-semite in 3, 2, 1...

FFS, can't say anything about the "chosen people" without being labeled anti-semitic.

bcp

In My Opinion
:killingme What an idiot, There is only ONE stable democracy in the middle east and the progressives want to bring it down

Don't mess with superior intellect in these matters.
He studied world politics by playing Risk.. well, that and Dungeons and Dragons.

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron

And I do not understand that one little bit, therefore I do not even engage these people because it's clear to me that they're braindead and not worth the saliva it would take to lick my lips before going in for the kill.

terbear1225

I'm sorry but anyone who thinks the "palestinians". Need (another) sovereign country has no knowledge of the actual history behind the creation of Israel.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member
I'll bite. How does anyone, especially a terminal loser with no possessions and a negative net worth like the boy, "boycott" a country like Israel??

:coffee:

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
I'm sorry but anyone who thinks the "palestinians". Need (another) sovereign country has no knowledge of the actual history behind the creation of Israel.

Anyone who thinks that's the totality of the argument one may have has no knowledge of anything.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Hawking smeared as an anti-semite in 3, 2, 1...

FFS, can't say anything about the "chosen people" without being labeled anti-semitic.

I can understand being unhappy with our spending to support Israel, especially given incidents in the past. But this desire for the destruction of Israel seems illogical to me. Do you really want to see another Holocaust?

Makavide

Not too talkative
I though all those academic types were upset with the US government for not fully embracing same sex marriage, but here they want to support a goverment that openly punishes homosexual behaviour?

gemma_rae

I though all those academic types were upset with the US government for not fully embracing same sex marriage, but here they want to support a goverment that openly punishes homosexual behaviour?

Whom do you speak of, Israel or the Palestian Authority or Hamas?:shrug:

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
I can understand being unhappy with our spending to support Israel, especially given incidents in the past. But this desire for the destruction of Israel seems illogical to me. Do you really want to see another Holocaust?

You people really do love your logical fallacies, yes?

FreedomFan

Snarky 'ol Cuss
You'll be waiting a long time. He never backs up anything he says. He just likes to come in, throw out an inflammatory statement, and leave.

Jesus H. Christ. Relax.

I do have a friggin country to run, you know.... Things get busy from time to time.