IRS Harrasment Scandal

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
This is a Scandal We Must Not Let Slide

Welcome to 1984. The government that is supposed to govern by the consent of the people is now attacking those who seek to preserve the Constitution. Even as a number of non-profit organizations that aid and abet illegal aliens or Islamic terrorists are able to operate without any fear of investigation, we now know that tea party patriot organizations have been singled out for audits by high level officials at the IRS.

On Friday, it was all about “low-level employees” and was not “politically motivated.” It must have been a random glitch in the system that forced these officials to target limited government educational groups. Now the AP is reporting that this witch hunt was approved at the highest levels and was going on for 2 years:

The Treasury Department’s inspector general for tax administration is expected to release the results of a nearly yearlong investigation in the coming week. The AP obtained part of the draft report, which has been shared with congressional aides.

Among the other revelations, on Aug. 4, 2011, staffers in the IRS’ Rulings and Agreements office “held a meeting with chief counsel so that everyone would have the latest information on the issue.”

On Jan, 25, 2012, the criteria for flagging suspect groups was changed to, “political action type organizations involved in limiting/expanding Government, educating on the Constitution and Bill of Rights, social economic reform/movement,” the report says.

During an election year, it’s hard to imagine a directive like this not coming straight from the White House. Evidently, the audits were so ubiquitous that a number of tea party organizations approached Mark Levin, President of Landmark Legal Foundation, complaining of harassment from the IRS. Mark Levin then wrote a letter to the Treasury Inspector General last March demanding an investigation into improper inquiries. These improper inquiries included demands from the IRS that these organizations divulge their political positions on any given policy issue, list all of their key members and family members, and explain their relationships with media outlets.

Gosh a Demonrat Administration using the IRS for political means ......... 1st brought to you by Bill and Hillary in 1994

GW8345

Not White House Approved
This just goes to show how corrupt this administration is and that every American should be ashamed of this administration. This administration makes the United States look like a third world banana republic and shows the morality of those who support this administration. It also shows once and for all that the media in country cannot be trusted for they never vetted Barry and have been covering for the imposter in chief all along.

Just think what would be the reaction is a Republican was in the White House and did this, the media would be going bat chit crazy and there would be impeachment proceeding already initiated in Congress.

What happened to Barry saying that the buck stops with him, this is his administration, when is he going to stand up and take responsibility for the actions of his own administration? Everything this imposter has done has been a total failure and all he has done is surrounded himself with ineptitude and corrupt people, just like himself.

Every IRS official who knew this was going on, who participated in this action and who help cover it up should be fired, their pensions forfeited and barred from working in the government for the rest of their life.

Congressional hearing should be help and a special investigative committee assigned to see how far this went and who knew, if the White House knew, Obama should be impeached immediately for it’s his people who he appointed who allowed this to happen and he needs to be a good leader like he says he is and take responsibility for the actions of those he appointed.

SamSpade

Just think what would be the reaction is a Republican was in the White House and did this, the media would be going bat chit crazy and there would be impeachment proceeding already initiated in Congress.

You know, I'm politically conservative, but not a registered Republican. I have too many issues. FWIW, I've never registered Republican, and to the surprise of many, I'm officially registered as a Democrat.

But for the fact of this - that if a Republican were in office pulling this crap - the press would hold his feet to the fire - is enough to make me prefer just about any Republican to the Democrats, because we simply cannot get the mainstream press to stop making excuses for this guy and just do their damned job. They are *supposed* to be at least a LITTLE antagonistic. They're not supposed to be out there defending him and throwing him softballs.

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
as I said the Clinton Administration AFAIK started this .. politics of personal destruction .... the head of the IRS was frequently quote in the Wash Times in the 90's as making threats to anyone who pissed him off

DipStick

Keep Calm and Don't Care!
Oh please. If thousands of Progress PACs cropped up in a small period of time (because of populist anger over a Republican POTUS) and claimed tax exempt status, and their status was reviewed, it'd only be a blip on the evening news.

This is only a story because it fits the right wing narrative where they think they're being persecuted.

I have no issue with the IRS making sure people aren't forming PACs and taking other peoples' money to avoid paying taxes. And I'd have no issue if this was a Republican POTUS and they "targeted" thousands of Democratic PACs.

Although, next time a Republican gets elected, I might just wake up angry every morning, grab my GURPS brand tin foil hat and scream on the internets about how all of us on the left are being persecuted all the time. :sarcasm:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Although, next time a Republican gets elected, I might just wake up angry every morning, grab my GURPS brand tin foil hat and scream on the internets about how all of us on the left are being persecuted all the time. :sarcasm:

..... are you so blinded by YOUR ideology you cannot see the abuse

and will it be 'OK' to them CLAIM Obama did it 1st, we are just researching these PACS

you should quit sniffing David Plouffe's Jock

Did David Plouffe Justify IRS Targeting Conservatives?
Obama adviser says he was addressing impact of 'dumb' actions, but tweet is likely to fan flames.
By Ron Fournier

Two days after the IRS apologized for targeting conservative groups for reviews of their tax-exempt status, a top adviser to President Obama said “GOP groups flourished” in the last two elections cycles “and they will use this to raise more money.”
The tweet by David Plouffe, who left the White House in January, could give GOP reason to accuse Obama's team of playing politics with the IRS controversy by defending or justifying the agency's actions.

But Plouffe said in a follow-up email to me that he was not absolving the Internal Revenue Service, whose actions he had called “dumb and wrong” in the original tweet.

if a Republican Administration did the same 'review' the LAME Stream Media would blanket the airwaves

Last edited:

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
surprising dipstick is on the wrong side of MSNDNC .........

‘THIS IS TYRANNY’: MSNBC HOSTS LAMBASTE OBAMA ADMIN, IRS OVER ‘UNSPEAKABLE’ TARGETING OF CONSERVATIVES

MSNBC host Joe Scarborough tore into the federal government over the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of conservative groups.

In addition to calling the admitted actions “mind-boggling,” the personality highlighted the assertion that “this government is using the Internal Revenue Service to target people with whom they disagree.” Others, like co-host Willie Geist, jumped in say that the collective actions constitute”tyranny.”

“When it comes to political speech, it’s sacrosanct. Our founding fathers meant for it to be sacrosanct,” Scarborough said, going on the lambaste the IRS. “Liberal and conservative Supreme Courts alike do not allow the government to tread on political speech. There is a wall around that, and the wall has been knocked down by the IRS for several years now.”

DipStick

surprising dipstick is on the wrong side of MSNDNC .........

‘THIS IS TYRANNY’: MSNBC HOSTS LAMBASTE OBAMA ADMIN, IRS OVER ‘UNSPEAKABLE’ TARGETING OF CONSERVATIVES

MSNBC host Joe Scarborough tore into the federal government over the Internal Revenue Service’s targeting of conservative groups.

In addition to calling the admitted actions “mind-boggling,” the personality highlighted the assertion that “this government is using the Internal Revenue Service to target people with whom they disagree.” Others, like co-host Willie Geist, jumped in say that the collective actions constitute”tyranny.”

“When it comes to political speech, it’s sacrosanct. Our founding fathers meant for it to be sacrosanct,” Scarborough said, going on the lambaste the IRS. “Liberal and conservative Supreme Courts alike do not allow the government to tread on political speech. There is a wall around that, and the wall has been knocked down by the IRS for several years now.”

Oh no. Joe Scarborough disagrees with me. What ever will I do? :cds:

Pete

Repete
Oh please. If thousands of Progress PACs cropped up in a small period of time (because of populist anger over a Republican POTUS) and claimed tax exempt status, and their status was reviewed, it'd only be a blip on the evening news.

This is only a story because it fits the right wing narrative where they think they're being persecuted.

I have no issue with the IRS making sure people aren't forming PACs and taking other peoples' money to avoid paying taxes. And I'd have no issue if this was a Republican POTUS and they "targeted" thousands of Democratic PACs.

Well, if memory serves Bush was grossly unpopular, lefty organizations sprang up and none of them were targeted. Also this is a story because thay actually DID IT.

DipStick

Well, if memory serves Bush was grossly unpopular, lefty organizations sprang up and none of them were targeted. Also this is a story because thay actually DID IT.

If this was going on and the Administration was covering it up, I'd tend to agree.

The person who headed the IRS when all this was happening isn't even there anymore.

Pete

Repete
If this was going on and the Administration was covering it up, I'd tend to agree.

The person who headed the IRS when all this was happening isn't even there anymore.

Well they don't seem terribly concerned at finding out who/what/when/where. That doesn't mean they are "covering it up" but it makes them not too concerned about using a government agency to punish their political foes and that is just as bad.

So the person heading the agency is not there anymore. This makes it OK? "Brownie" left FEMA but I recall Bush taking heat for EVER over it. Given your logic when Brown left it should have been a closed issue?

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
Given your logic when Brown left it should have been a closed issue?

when the party in the White House is Democratic ... if an administration member steps out of line, the buck stops at the dept head

if a member of the GOP is in the White House, it is the Presidents Fault

DipStick

Well they don't seem terribly concerned at finding out who/what/when/where. That doesn't mean they are "covering it up" but it makes them not too concerned about using a government agency to punish their political foes and that is just as bad.

So the person heading the agency is not there anymore. This makes it OK? "Brownie" left FEMA but I recall Bush taking heat for EVER over it. Given your logic when Brown left it should have been a closed issue?

Michael Brown wasn't the one who screwed Katrina response up. Chertoff, Blanco and Nagin (who's in prison now I believe) did.

Pete

Repete
Michael Brown wasn't the one who screwed Katrina response up. Chertoff, Blanco and Nagin (who's in prison now I believe) did.

I maybe wrong but I believe that Brown quit from the heat he took at the hands of liberals, Bush kept on taking it forever and I believe you were toting a flame thrower at that time as well. If I gave a #### I would search for it but frankly I dont and I am not sure which of your user names it was under. I am pretty sure it was durin your "Masterbating to Keith Olbermann" phase.

Regardless, your points have been refuted. The GOP did have tons of hate organizations spring up. They did not use the IRS or any other government agency to punish those groups. Because they DID NOT I can assume they would not do it.

Now you have a liberal administration who HAS done it. Now that it has been exposed they seem indifferent to it. Because they DID do it and because they seem lack luster in their pursuit of who/how and making those accountable I assume they think it is fine to use government agencies to punish political foes.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Huh?

Michael DeWayne Brown (born November 8, 1954) served as the first Undersecretary of Emergency Preparedness and Response (EP&R), a division of the Department of Homeland Security (DHS). This position is generally referred to as the director or administrator of the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). He was appointed in January 2003 by President George W. Bush and resigned following his controversial handling of Hurricane Katrina in September 2005.

In late 2004, Bernard Kerik was forced to decline President Bush's offer to replace Tom Ridge, the outgoing Secretary of Homeland Security. After a lengthy search to find a suitable replacement, Bush nominated Chertoff to the post in January 2005, citing his experience with post-9/11 terror legislation. He was unanimously approved for the position by the United States Senate on February 15, 2005.[10]

Hurricane Katrina occurred while Chertoff was Secretary of Homeland Security. The Department was criticized for its lack of preparation; though, most criticism was directed toward the Federal Emergency Management Agency.

aps45819

24/7 Single Dad
The GOP did have tons of hate organizations spring up. They did not use the IRS or any other government agency to punish those groups. Because they DID NOT I can assume they would not do it.

Actually the GOP did use the IRS against their enemies.

It was one of the articles of impeachment againt Nixon.

Let's hope it is again