Voters trust Clinton over GOP

nhboy

Ubi bene ibi patria
Link to original article.

" PPP’s newest national poll finds that Republicans aren’t getting much traction with their focus on Benghazi over the last week.

Voters trust Hillary Clinton over Congressional Republicans on the issue of Benghazi by a 49/39 margin and Clinton’s +8 net favorability rating at 52/44 is identical to what it was on our last national poll in late March.

Meanwhile Congressional Republicans remain very unpopular with a 36/57 favorability rating.

Voters think Congress should be more focused on other major issues right now rather than Benghazi. By a 56/38 margin they say passing a comprehensive immigration reform bill is more important than continuing to focus on Benghazi, and by a 52/43 spread they think passing a bill requiring background checks for all gun sales should be a higher priority.

While voters overall may think Congress’ focus should be elsewhere there’s no doubt about how mad Republicans are about Benghazi.

41% say they consider this to be the biggest political scandal in American history to only 43% who disagree with that sentiment. Only 10% of Democrats and 20% of independents share that feeling.

Republicans think by a 74/19 margin than Benghazi is a worse political scandal than Watergate, by a 74/12 margin that it’s worse than Teapot Dome, and by a 70/20 margin that it’s worse than Iran Contra."

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
of course there is desperation .....

... BOY is back with WH Talking Points

we must be 18 months from an election ...... MOVEON is deploying the troops again

tommyjo

I bet if people were asked the majority would trust a talking goat more than both Hillary and GOP members of Congress!

BigBlue

I bet if people were asked the majority would trust a talking goat more than both Hillary and GOP members of Congress!

The GOP doesn't like the fact that she took total responsibility before but the public does, so we must bring it around again , and again, and again.....and hope something sticks and it will but on the GOP not Hillary.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Makes sense to me. With the Clintons, you know someone is getting screwed. With the GOP, even if they show up, you have no idea what they will do next.

PsyOps

Pixelated
The GOP doesn't like the fact that she took total responsibility before but the public does, so we must bring it around again , and again, and again.....and hope something sticks and it will but on the GOP not Hillary.

So what does that mean? We just push it aside and forget about it? Do we forget about all the lapses that took place prior to and not investigate it so we can learn from it? Do we ignore that all the special forces in the area were given ‘stand down’ orders to go in and assist? Do we ignore that Tyrone Woods – who was in the area and asked for permission to go assist – and was told to stand down? Do we ignore that someone took the talking points and edited them 12 times to weed out any mention of a terrorist attack? Do we ignore that the Obama administration went on for 12 days trying to deceive the American people that it was a protest gone wrong rather than a terrorist attack?

Four Americans were butchered by terrorists and Hillary took responsibility. That’s it? Over – let’s move on? Is this how we conduct business in our government? If Hillary took full responsibility for this massive blunder on every level, then she should be shunned publically, perhaps be charged with crimes of purposely allowing Americans to die when something could have been done, and never be allowed to hold a public office again. Isn’t that how we, the people, hold those RESPONSIBLE accountable for such massive failures?

Or do we just say "She said it" and move on? Are you kidding me? Is this how we honor our dead?

Larry Gude

Strung Out

You lose.

When Nancy Pelosi was Speaker, Speaker Goat if you will, the people didn't trust her very much and sent her packing. This is not to say we, the people, trust Speaker Boehner more than her or even as much but that we, the people, object to what the hell is going on down there and are desperately trying to get better gummint.

PsyOps

Pixelated
You lose.

When Nancy Pelosi was Speaker, Speaker Goat if you will, the people didn't trust her very much and sent her packing. This is not to say we, the people, trust Speaker Boehner more than her or even as much but that we, the people, object to what the hell is going on down there and are desperately trying to get better gummint.

And the Goat in Chief got reelected only because the GOP (The Goat Old Party) couldn’t put up a better goat than the one occupying the Goat House.

What a Goat Rope.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
And the Goat in Chief got reelected only because the GOP (The Goat Old Party) couldn’t put up a better goat than the one occupying the Goat House.

What a Goat Rope.

Well, you go goat roping with the goat you have, not the one you wish you had...

:lmao:

SamSpade

No challenge here.

I'm reminded of one of my favorite Bloom County strips where a Mondale supporter is asked to join the Meadow Party. When he asks who is running, they answer "a wino and a dead cat". He shrugs, and tosses his Mondale sign.

The fact that, especially in mid-term elections that so many do NOT vote should be telling enough that we're not crazy about our candidates. If they ever had a national "None of the above" or if a national party was actually able to nominate a completely bogus candidate, such as a toaster or Mickey Mouse, I wonder how they'd do?