Causes of poverty

Monello

Smarter than the average bear
PREMO Member
Thanks cultural elitists.

Theodore Dalrymple - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Theodore Dalrymple, a British psychiatrist who treats the poor in a slum hospital and a prison in England, has seemingly seen it all. Yet in listening to and observing his patients, he is continually astonished by the latest twist of depravity that exceeds even his own considerable experience. Dalrymple's key insight in Life at the Bottom is that long-term poverty is caused not by economics but by a dysfunctional set of values, one that is continually reinforced by an elite culture searching for victims. This culture persuades those at the bottom that they have no responsibility for their actions and are not the molders of their own lives.

MarieB

From the themes

"One of the things that makes Islam attractive to young westernised Muslim men is the opportunity it gives them to dominate women.[16]"

Too bad the Boston bomber's wife hadn't picked up any of his books

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
From the themes

"One of the things that makes Islam attractive to young westernised Muslim men is the opportunity it gives them to dominate women.[16]"

Too bad the Boston bomber's wife hadn't picked up any of his books

- low self esteem

GURPS

INGSOC
PREMO Member
You mean him, her, or both?

her .....

why would a western raised White Girl .... convert to Islam .... the same reason women stay with abusive spouses

low self worth ...... I am no good, I have nothing, I am nothing ... I am going to go out into the garden and eat worms

MarieB

her .....

why would a western raised White Girl .... convert to Islam .... the same reason women stay with abusive spouses

low self worth ...... I am no good, I have nothing, I am nothing ... I am going to go out into the garden and eat worms

I'm not sure that's always it, but it could be part of it. I used to work with and still know many Iranians. Some of the sleazier members of their families always had these upper middle class "white" women throwing themselves at them. They loved the "bad boy" and the bit of jealousy that came along with them. They saw it as cute and chivalrous.

Usually they wouldn't marry the "white girl," because they weren't virgins and they were supposed to marry someone from the home country. But in a few cases, they did marry and that "chivalry" quickly turned to a more systemic kind of control. At that point there is shame and FEAR of leaving. Of course there were ones who weren't like that, but even their marriages didn't last. Culturally it's just very different.

I would have to go back and look at the timeline of the relationship, but I bet he hid a good part of his controlling side until they were already married and had a child. The converting thing, well people do all kinds of things for a spouse. I don't get it, but it happens all the time. Now converting and then starting to wear clothing that most? Muslim women don't even wear here is even more bizarre.