Horrific scene at White Sands intersection

buddscreekman

Almost a part of a horrible accident there bout 40 minutes ago. Prayers for all involved especially the gentleman we tried to help.

idiganthro

Caught a glimpse of it while on my way home the opposite way. From what little I saw while stopped briefly at the light it was truly horrific. Thoughts and prayers to all involved.

Pushrod

Patriot
I saw it after the State Police arrived but before the EMS or Fire. Looks like a truck t-boned a PT Cruiser on the drivers side and nearly cut it in half. The large truck ended up on its side up on the hill. It didn't look good for the driver or any passengers in the PT. Prayers out to all involved.

MMDad

Lem Putt
I saw it after the State Police arrived but before the EMS or Fire. Looks like a truck t-boned a PT Cruiser on the drivers side and nearly cut it in half. The large truck ended up on its side up on the hill. It didn't look good for the driver or any passengers in the PT. Prayers out to all involved.

That happens there all the time. Why can't people notice that light?

We went through about 10 minutes before it happened. Great timing for us, but not for the people who followed. :ohwell:

RPMDAD

Wow, sorry to hear that T's and P's to all involved. Drive through there all the time.

goughrmak

We were heading South after it happened. Looked REALLY bad for the PT passengers! Truck must have been going fast to end up where it did.

buddscreekman

I'd really like to know what happened to the middle aged gentleman who I believe was the PT Cruiser driver. I don't know for sure that he was but several factors lead me to be quite sure. Any news out there from anyone with inside knowledge? Also,I found it odd that I only noted one person as an injured party. What happened to at least the other two drivers? Fairly sure there were three vehicles involved.

SG_Player1974

To those people - yes,multiple people - standing around BEFORE an ambulance arrived taking pictures and videos, you should thank me for not shoving your device up your a$$.

There was a story not too long ago about a gentleman that was lecturing at a college out west (dont remember the specific details) and during his presentation he suffered a heart attack on stage.

It was later learned that more than a dozen people in the audience took the time to pull out their phones, record the incident and aftermath, and put the videos online for all to see however, NOT ONE of these people offered to help, call for help, etc.

Hence the society we live in and part of the reason we live in the country we do! :strangle:

smts

I'd really like to know what happened to the middle aged gentleman who I believe was the PT Cruiser driver. I don't know for sure that he was but several factors lead me to be quite sure. Any news out there from anyone with inside knowledge? Also,I found it odd that I only noted one person as an injured party. What happened to at least the other two drivers? Fairly sure there were three vehicles involved.

Check your inbox

bohman

To those people - yes,multiple people - standing around BEFORE an ambulance arrived taking pictures and videos, you should thank me for not shoving your device up your a$$.

That is such crap. I have only been on the scene of a bad accident once, but I was relieved that so many people tried to help we actually had too many people (luckily there was an off-duty paramedic who organized the many good Samaritans). I didn't see any recording going on; I may have launched a phone into the woods if I had.

Roman

The deceased is a Friend of ours. So sad, especially considering he was at a stop sign minding his own business, when the F 550 went from the left lane to the right lane, loosing control, striking our friend. He had no chance. How very sad it is for his Family. He was a treasured Friend, and Family man.

inkah

The deceased is a Friend of ours. So sad, especially considering he was at a stop sign minding his own business, when the F 550 went from the left lane to the right lane, loosing control, striking our friend. He had no chance. How very sad it is for his Family. He was a treasured Friend, and Family man.

Hugs to you and the man from budscreek. :( sorry for your loss.

frequentflier

happy to be living

So sorry to you and your husband for your loss...