Women Are to Blame (Arab News)

SeaRide

Abdul Rahman Al-Samari • Al-Jazirah

Visit any mall or market in this country and you will find out that the overwhelming majority of shoppers are women.

Being the customer targeted by every merchant and business, it is no wonder that the country is now awash with shops selling everything of possible interest to women.

Being the driving force behind the mushrooming shopping centers, women are also responsible for bringing into the country armies of salesmen, distributors, drivers, promoters and others involved in commerce. All of them are of course foreigners. Promotional campaigns targeting women alone are not confined to our cities but are normal in Cairo, Beirut, Dubai, Paris and London.

Not content with what they can carry, many women are accompanied by servants pushing large loaded trolleys filled with all kinds of goods. It is as if the shops would close tomorrow and never open again.

On an average, between 30 and 50 percent of the things purchased will remain in their plastic bags and wrapping until the time comes for them to be thrown away, never having been used. Once at home, there are some women who sift through the contents to determine what is useful and what is not. They will soon discover that unneeded items have been purchased and in the end, only part of what has been bought will be kept. Some working women with salaries of SR14,000 a month do not hesitate to spend that entire amount on shopping.

Banks, too, have entered the game, providing women with credit cards in order to encourage them to buy more. Not surprisingly, many women end up saddled with huge debts.

In hospitals, women patients outnumber men. Not all of them suffer from physical ailments since many are there for cosmetic and plastic surgery to improve their shape and appearance. Here, too, a thriving business has developed with doctors’ appointment diaries fully booked for months, if not years.

A newcomer in the business is restaurants, many of which have opened special family sections that in some cases occupy a space larger than all the rest of the restaurant itself. Were it not for our spendthrift women who lavish on everything once money flows into their hands, we wouldn’t have these millions of foreign workers.

http://www.arabnews.com/?page=13&section=0&article=44794&d=12&m=5&y=2004

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by SeaRide
Visit any mall or market in this country and you will find out that the overwhelming majority of shoppers are women.

It seems that the author spent some time at Rodeo Drive, and has incorrectly assumed that all shopping centers are filled with these types of women.

Just more propaganda to work those poeple into another lather, as if they needed it.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Oh, fer chrissake! It pizzes me off that there are still men who believe that women are all shallow, greedy and overemotional by nature. I know different--every mother I know would fight like a grizzly if someone threatened her kids.

Toxick

Splat
Originally posted by Tonio
Oh, fer chrissake! It pizzes me off that there are still men who believe that women are all shallow, greedy and overemotional by nature. I know different--every mother I know would fight like a grizzly if someone threatened her kids.

Well, there are still women who believe that all men are hairy, farting, belching, sweaty pigs driven solely by the dual needs of sex and food.

Club'nBabySeals

Where are my pants?
Well, there are still women who believe that all men are hairy, farting, belching, sweaty pigs driven solely by the dual needs of sex and food.

Wait...so that's not a true statement? Oh, right. You left out the part about beer. I gotcha...

vraiblonde

Board Mommy
PREMO Member
Patron
Originally posted by Toxick
Not true - gay men tend to be very tidy and attentive of their personal hygiene.

Tonio

Asperger's Poster Child
Originally posted by Toxick

:lol:

Seriously, what government in the world uses that stereotype to justify polyandry and burqas for men?