Here is one for you to think about

James White

Have a nuisance?Im 4 hire
This one I caught yesterday evening in Waldorf.
Goes to show ya,you never know what you may find out there.

rattler_catch.bmp

James White

This one is getting picked up shortly by the zoo people.If they didnt want it,I would keep it for a while.

If you catch another one I will take em off your hands, I'd like to keep one as a pet. I am always on the lookout for them, but i never seem to see one.

James White

HotandBothered,
They are all over Southern Maryland,and have increased by over 300% in the past years in Waldorf ,manily due to all the contruction,disturbing there areas of habitat.

Thekidistight,

To have one you will need a retile permit from the DNR (good luck) also to catch one ,other than on your property ,you need a license also.

Hot N Bothered

Originally posted by thakidistight
Why would someone that keeps one as a pet be considered a weirdo?
Because they are deadly poisonous. What happens when it gets out of its enclosure? Because they always seem to do that. It's not like you can stick your hand under the bed looking for it. You're eventually going to get bit.

Well as far as I know only like one person has ever been killed by one, they arent exactly deadly. And I have been keeping snakes my whole life and never had one get out, and if I was to keep a copperhead, I think I would be a little more cautious in keeping an eye one the LOCKED enclosure. Thanks for the info on the permit too James.