Info About a House in Hughesville on Rt 5?

'SkinsFan

I'm so nosy, There are 4 or 5 sheriff's cars both on Rt 5 and in the driveway of a house across from the Farmer's Bureau. There is also yellow police tape around the house. It seems like a serious situation. Does anyone know what's going on? Thanks.

Hank

my war
I'm so nosy, There are 4 or 5 sheriff's cars both on Rt 5 and in the driveway of a house across from the Farmer's Bureau. There is also yellow police tape around the house. It seems like a serious situation. Does anyone know what's going on? Thanks.

Where is the Farmer's Bureau?

Mavis

Came past earlier and was overtaken by biker going seriously fast. As we passed property we saw he had pulled in and was speaking to the officers that were there.

OldHillcrestGuy

Thats also the house where the home invasion happened a couple of months back and the police chased the suspect way up into northeast DC.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
On June 23 at 1:30 p.m., officers responded to the 7400 block of Leonardtown Road in Hughesville for the report of a shooting.

Upon arrival, officers discovered a 28-year-old male with gunshot wounds. He was flown to an area hospital where he was admitted with life-threatening injuries.

Through investigation, detectives learned the victim was standing on the back porch of a friend’s house when an unknown male pulled up in a car and fired shots. Through further investigation, detectives learned the suspect was an acquaintance of the victim’s girlfriend.

Detectives obtained additional information and quickly identified the suspect as Shane Ryan Barnett, 28, of Hughesville.

Investigators tracked Barnett to a relative’s house nearby where they observed Barnett trying to escape in a car. Officers stopped Barnett but he broke free and fled on foot. Officers pursued him and utilized a Taser to subdue him. Barnett was subsequently charged with attempted murder, first-degree assault and use of a firearm in commission of a felony.

Police Make Quick Arrest in Hughesville Shooting | Southern Maryland News Net

'SkinsFan

Thank you all for your information. With all the police cars and the yellow tape, it looked as if it was a murder scene. I guess that wasn't too far from the truth. I'm glad they got the guy. Really thanks!