Mommies-

mAlice

professional daydreamer
at what age did you introduce rice cereal to baby's diet?

edited to add: I know what the professionals recommend. I want to know what you did.

JeJeTe

Happiness
I want to say mine was about 6-8 weeks old. He had reflux the dr told us to try it so maybe he would keep something down. :lol:

Sweet 16

^^8^^
I started mixing it w/breast milk in the bottle around 3 or 4 months and served it by itself around 5 or 6 months. It's been so long I can't remember.

Roman

I started mixing it w/breast milk in the bottle around 3 or 4 months and served it by itself around 5 or 6 months. It's been so long I can't remember.
My Son was 10.4 at birth, and needed something more than Milk, so he was started at Birth.

Roman

edited to add: I know what the professionals recommend. I want to know what you did.
Your Daughter had the baby already? Congratulations mAlice!!

ZARA

I started feeding my son table food at 2 months (along with nursing). I did not buy baby food. I made all his baby food fresh from the meals we ate.

pelers

The boy started rice cereal somewhere around 6-7mo. He wasn't a fan.

Girl is 7mo now and I just straight up skipped it. She's getting nibbles of whatever I'm eating. So far the only thing she's been a fan of has been hummus. :eyebrow:

Neither of my kids had reflux and were both great sleepers. (Happy) textbook bebes.

Congrats on the grandbebe!

ZARA

**I would also like to add that my son has never been a picky eater and IMO I contribute that fact to food that actually has flavor.

Store bought baby food is NASTY. And Gerber is horrendus! Read the ingredients. Gerber adds cornstarch, dye, and other fillers to their food.

IMO if you do decide to use store bought food, go with Beechnut. They do not add fillers, dye, perservatives, etc. It's straight up what the label reads.

ZARA

Thanks, pelers. He was almost 3 weeks early, 8lbs and 1/4 ounce. If she had gone full term he would have been 10 or 11 lbs!

Oh My! Kinda rough coming back from that! My boy was only 7.5 pounds and I still had 40 stitches because of him. (Another reason I refer to him as life long birth control :killingme)

Pete

Repete
I started feeding my son table food at 2 months (along with nursing). I did not buy baby food. I made all his baby food fresh from the meals we ate.

I tried that buy my blender could not grind up pizza crust fine enough.