In the matter of George Zimmerman

Lurk

Happy Creepy Ass Cracka
As I watch the unfiltered, un-spun, un-moderated testimony in the trial of George Zimmerman I note something that I believe reflects the impact of all the BGI efforts in Sanford, FL.

Throughout the past two days I note that nearly all references to George Zimmerman by authorities from Sanford (police, fire, EMT, records keepers) are to "Mr. Zimmerman".

But every reference to Trayvon Martin are to "Trayvon". It's almost like the BGI demonstrations and press conferences have personalized the little druggie but not the man he attacked. Maybe the "I am Trayvon" t-shirts are under their uniforms.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
So? Trayvon is dead. George killed him.

Mr. Zimmerman, older, supposedly wiser, and, for ####s sake, ARMED, approached this kid he was SUSPICIOUS of, and, it seems, let the kid get the drop on him and/or the upper hand. Fail, fail, fail.

As I say, if I am armed and playing Mr. Neighborhood Cop, we NEVER get to 'should I shoot this kid to save my life?"

Zimmerman, Cuddly George, whatever you wanna call him, initiated contact. That does not mean Mr. Martin was justified in attacking him, which I believe to be the case. However, as bad as Warm and Fuzzy George handled this, man, wasn't this inevitable? If not Trayvon, then some other kid?

itsrequired

Mr. Zimmerman, older, supposedly wiser, and, for ####s sake, ARMED, approached this kid he was SUSPICIOUS of, and, it seems, let the kid get the drop on him and/or the upper hand. Fail, fail, fail.

As I say, if I am armed and playing Mr. Neighborhood Cop, we NEVER get to 'should I shoot this kid to save my life?"

Zimmerman, Cuddly George, whatever you wanna call him, initiated contact. That does not mean Mr. Martin was justified in attacking him, which I believe to be the case. However, as bad as Warm and Fuzzy George handled this, man, wasn't this inevitable? If not Trayvon, then some other kid?

Why do people try to blame Martin's bad acts on Zimmerman? If I am in my neighborhood and someone who appears to be suspicious for what ever reason is in my neighborhood, I have every right in the world to follow that person.

I thought Zimmerman was innocent before this trial, but now I not only think he is innocent, I think he's a pretty good guy.

I have seen the media try to paint a picture about people I know to portray them in the way which will best sell papers/t.v ads. What I am hearing from the prosecutions witnesses so far is that Zimmerman was a mild mannered nice guy who was concerned about the recent spate of break ins in his neighborhood.

I think if Travon doesn't attack Zimmerman, both go on to live their lives and Zimmerman is never in this situation now or anytime in the future.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
I do have one question, and I haven't seen it addressed anywhere. Did Zimmerman ever identify himself to Martin? If he were a police officer, he would have said "stop, police" or something. Just wondering if this would have made any difference. I'm not going to make a judgement until all the evidence is out.

Gilligan

#*! boat!
PREMO Member

Let's say you, Larry, were the man on the watch that day, and not George. What would you have done...and done differently?

tommyjo

Why the F*** is this NATIONAL news?

Why the F*** is this trial live on all the cable news networks?

We have big problems to solve in this country...this horsesh*t is just another distraction.

rolltide

As I watch the unfiltered, un-spun, un-moderated testimony in the trial of George Zimmerman I note something that I believe reflects the impact of all the BGI efforts in Sanford, FL.

Throughout the past two days I note that nearly all references to George Zimmerman by authorities from Sanford (police, fire, EMT, records keepers) are to "Mr. Zimmerman".

But every reference to Trayvon Martin are to "Trayvon". It's almost like the BGI demonstrations and press conferences have personalized the little druggie but not the man he attacked. Maybe the "I am Trayvon" t-shirts are under their uniforms.

During this questioning, the defense lawyer repeatedly refers to "Mr. Martin".

GEORGE ZIMMERMAN TRIAL WITNESS RACHEL GEANTEL 6.26.13 PT.17 (Trayvon GF) - YouTube

Bay_Kat

Tropical

We have big problems to solve in this country...this horsesh*t is just another distraction.

Wait, I would think you'd be happy that attention is being taken away from Obama's incompetence.

PJay

:yeahthat:......without the f word.

PsyOps

Pixelated

Watch this video of Zimmerman explaining what happened. This was done the day after the shooting. His account matches almost point-by-point the testimony of the witnesses, except he tells how they finally meet up. According to Zimmerman he did not initate contact. He did initially pursue Martin but broke it off as soon as he was told not to follow Martin. You will see they met up when Zimmerman was trying to return to his truck and Martin confronted Zimmerman. Then, according to Zimmerman, Martin sucker-punched him.

WATCH: Video Shows George Zimmerman Reenacting Fight with Trayvon Martin | TIME.com

Last edited:

protectmd

One could often assume that the reason they refer to "Trayvon" is not to personalize him, but to emphasize the ghettoness of his name. Mr. Zimmerman sounds way more proper and professional than "Trayvon." Just an opinion. People don't think when they name their kids of the repercussions that it will have down the road. I'll be frank. If I worked in human resources, and someone walked in with a name like "Sharkeithia" or "Taydon" or even if they were white and they had a name like "Star" or "Sky" theres a pretty good chance that their parents were heavy users of illicit drugs and that they may have been raised in a dysfunctional environment. Hell at least the state of Ohio had the common sense to take away the child named after Adolf Hitler, because they knew what was coming! While I understand going "back to your roots" to find a childs name, I think that some people just bring whole new meaning to the process.

itsrequired

I'm interested in it and am happy it's national news. Just as I was happy to see OJ Simpson and Casey Anthony. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean others aren't interested.

I don't think any of us talking about this have anything to do with solving this issue or any of the other issues you are complaining about. If that is your lifes work then what the F*ck are you doing here!

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Why do people try to blame Martin's bad acts on Zimmerman? If I am in my neighborhood and someone who appears to be suspicious for what ever reason is in my neighborhood, I have every right in the world to follow that person.

I thought Zimmerman was innocent before this trial, but now I not only think he is innocent, I think he's a pretty good guy.

I have seen the media try to paint a picture about people I know to portray them in the way which will best sell papers/t.v ads. What I am hearing from the prosecutions witnesses so far is that Zimmerman was a mild mannered nice guy who was concerned about the recent spate of break ins in his neighborhood.

I think if Travon doesn't attack Zimmerman, both go on to live their lives and Zimmerman is never in this situation now or anytime in the future.

Ok, so, are we saying that Trayvon musta ran, what, 10-20, 100 yards, to get to Curious Goerge who was standing well off, watching and following? Is that what it was?

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Let's say you, Larry, were the man on the watch that day, and not George. What would you have done...and done differently?

Called cops. As George did. Followed. As George did. Maybe taken a cell phone pic or two.

As I am not part of a neighborhood watch, I don't know if they typically approach, demand ID or ask what's up.

If I was armed, I promise you I would NOT have approached Martin. If he got within 30 feet of me, I would have drawn, low ready and warned him to back the #### off or I would consider it a mortal threat to my safety and that I would shoot to defend myself.

Rambo Zimmerman initiated contact. We all know that. We can see it. Trayvon's flight or fight kicked in and he got the drop on George who was shocked to be attacked and unable to get his weapon out because he panicked and it took him a few blows to #### his pants, get sorted out, draw and fire.

I am ALL for neighborhood watches and ALL for the right to keep and bear. I am NOT for real cops screwing up because they aren't trained well enough or not up to the job let alone guys like Zimmerman looking to confront someone.

:buddies:

Larry Gude

Strung Out

"If I had a son, he would look like Trayvan."

Ask his presidential daddy why he chose to stick his big nose into and make sure it's national news.

Larry Gude

Strung Out
Watch this video of Zimmerman explaining what happened. This was done the day after the shooting. His account matches almost point-by-point the testimony of the witnesses, except he tells how they finally meet up. According to Zimmerman he did not initate contact. He did initially pursue Martin but broke it off as soon as he was told not to follow Martin. You will see they met up when Zimmerman was trying to return to his truck and Martin confronted Zimmerman. Then, according to Zimmerman, Martin sucker-punched him.

WATCH: Video Shows George Zimmerman Reenacting Fight with Trayvon Martin | TIME.com

Hope that's the case for Georges sake.

I thought neighborhood watches were supposed to be in teams.

Bay_Kat

Tropical
Seems like so many have already taken sides, including the judge. I can't. On one hand there is Martin, who was (after everything came out) a trouble making punk. On the other hand there is Zimmerman, a neighborhood watch, cop wannabe. I was a call taker for a police department for 6 years and dealt with Zimmerman's every day of the week. They were gung-ho, gotta go get the bad guy. I didn't like these people, they seemed to be looking for trouble too. I had one guy once tell me "I'm not even going to call the police anymore, I'll just take care of it myself". Turned out to be just stupid stuff he was calling about and he was just an extremely nosy neighbor. I'm not taking sides in this, I just can't. But I do like pointing out things each side are saying.

Last edited: