Gender reveal parties

:shrug: Do you bring a gift? food? I'm so out of the loop?
No way in hell a "gender revealing" party should be a gifting affair. That is what a baby shower is for... and for that matter a baby shower should only ever be expected for your first child... not each time you decide to breed. There... hope that helps.

sockgirl77

No way in hell a "gender revealing" party should be a gifting affair. That is what a baby shower is for... and for that matter a baby shower should only ever be expected for your first child... not each time you decide to breed. There... hope that helps.

Tell us how you really feel! :killingme

mAlice

professional daydreamer

I've never even heard of a Gender Reveal party, but it sounds like another 'gimme some stuff' scams. I agree about the shower, but I don't think it's out of the question to throw a shower for a second child if it's not of the same gender as the first. I'd sure hate to see Junior running around in a little pink dress.

Chasey_Lane

Salt Life

I feel there are some exceptions to this rule. Say, if your children are not close in age (kid #1 is 13 and you are expecting #2) or if you got re-married. If your oldest is 2 and you are expecting another baby shower, don't plan on me being there.

SoMDGirl42

I feel there are some exceptions to this rule. Say, if your children are not close in age (kid #1 is 13 and you are expecting #2) or if you got re-married. If your oldest is 2 and you are expecting another baby shower, don't plan on me being there.

I had a baby shower for #1. No shower for baby #2 2 years later. I had a small baby shower for #3 21 years after baby #1 :lol:

KDENISE977

Well this is the 2nd one I've been invited to in the past year. This one is for a friend of mine whose currenlty got an 18 month old, so I'm guessing the shower for the new baby is out of the question :shrug: IDK?? So when do you give a gift if there is no shower?

SoMDGirl42

Well this is the 2nd one I've been invited to in the past year. This one is for a friend of mine whose currenlty got an 18 month old, so I'm guessing the shower for the new baby is out of the question :shrug: IDK?? So when do you give a gift if there is no shower?

If you feel so inclinced to gift, do it after the baby is born. :buddies:

sockgirl77

It's a new trend, I'm guessing. If you feel like you have to give a gift (and you do not have to), do it after the baby is born.

ICit

Jam out with ur clam out

we did a baby shower for a girl i use to work with.... her first child was about 13-14yrs old...

and we did one for her.. we knew it was a boy.

few years later she was preggo again and we didnt throw another.

Also we had done baby showers for the dads we worked with... :confused:... I have planned more baby showers for dads than for moms :killingme

I believe the purpose of the first shower is to help with the big ticket items by doing group presents or the things folks know the new parents will need even if the new parents don't yet know they need them. For additional babies beyond the first, I believe that typically friends and family can CHOSE to bring or send the new baby a gift upon arrival and typically it's gender specific like clothes or something useful like diapers. But I think it is tacky for folks to throw showers expecting gifts for every subsequent birth.

As for gifting at a "gender reveal" party... again, I stated I don't believe gifts should be expected but that doesn't mean you couldn't bring a hostess gift as one would do for any other dinner party... so if you want to do something for the mom make it something personal like soothing candles or soaps, etc. :shrug:

KDENISE977

I believe the purpose of the first shower is to help with the big ticket items by doing group presents or the things folks know the new parents will need even if the new parents don't yet know they need them. I believe that typically friends and family CHOSE to bring or send the new baby a gift upon arrival and typically it's gender specific like clothes or something useful like diapers. But I think it is tacky for folks to throw showers expecting gifts for every subsequent birth.

As for gifting at a "gender reveal" party... again, I stated I don't believe gifts should be expected but that doesn't mean you couldn't bring a hostess gift as one would do for any other dinner party... so if you want to do something for the mom make it something personal like soothing candles or soaps, etc. :shrug:

That's a great idea !! I mean lets face it, being preggers while having a toddler already deserves SOMETHING !!