TJ Bridge

garyt27

INAFJ
Fix-A-Flat would be in order.
I carry a big can in all my vehicles, used it one time. Got me to work and to the tire shop.

MMDad

Lem Putt
Fix-A-Flat would be in order.
I carry a big can in all my vehicles, used it one time. Got me to work and to the tire shop.

I was taught to drive on the flat until you can get off the road. Stopping on the bridge, even to use fix a flat, is just too stupid.

jazz lady

~*~ Rara Avis ~*~
PREMO Member
I was taught to drive on the flat until you can get off the road. Stopping on the bridge, even to use fix a flat, is just too stupid.

:yeahthat: I got a flat on the bridge once and there was no way in hell I was stopping ON the bridge. I heard the distinctive thump-thump-thump of the flat, turned on my emergency flashers, and coasted down the hill until I was off the bridge and could pull over onto the road shoulder. I'd rather ruin the rim than ruin a whole bunch of people's day and be THAT person who snarled traffic. :lol:

mamatutu

mama to two
:yeahthat: I got a flat on the bridge once and there was no way in hell I was stopping ON the bridge. I heard the distinctive thump-thump-thump of the flat, turned on my emergency flashers, and coasted down the hill until I was off the bridge and could pull over onto the road shoulder. I'd rather ruin the rim than ruin a whole bunch of people's day and be THAT person who snarled traffic. :lol:

Well, there is that^, but I think more importantly, it improved your safety, and that of others, because you didn't stop suddenly on the bridge. Someone not paying attention could rearend you, then causing an accident, plus. That was quick thinking on your part, and I am sure very nerve racking for you. I guess it is too expensive to build 'shoulder' type areas on a bridge.

belvak

Happy Camper
Come on guys. Charlie Daniels?

Jes' as I cross the Mississippi line
I heard that highway start to whine
And I knew that left rear tire was about to go

Well the spare was flat and I got uptight
'Cause there wasn't a fillin' station in sight
So I jes' limped down the shoulder on the rim

I went as far as I could and when I stopped the car
It was right in front of this little bar
A kind of a redneck lookin' joint called the Dew Drop Inn

Railroad

Routinely Derailed
Another Flat - Handled Correctly

My sympathies to the driver of the Explorer crossing the TJ bridge with a flat about 20 minutes ago - good job, proceeding at a safe speed but not stopping. :yay: