Famous People from SOMD

jlabsher

Sorry about that chief.
So I'm driving down Great Mills Sat. & see a sign "Birthplace of Dashiell Hammett" What? Yep, saw it again on the second drive by, then looked it up

http://www.todayinliterature.com/biography/dashiell.hammett.asp
Yep, his birthday is this week too.

http://www.kirjasto.sci.fi/dhammett.htm

tells a better story, seems he led a heck of a life before being hunted down as a commie in the 50's, hounded by the IRS, dying pennieless of syph & lung cancer but finally ending up in Arlington. Shame there isn't any more reference to this guy in Lex Park, they could use something like this as a tourist draw.

Got me to wondering, are there any other famous people from SOMD that you know of? I'm not talking about the forum losers, real famous people.

SamSpade

You've posted more than twice as often as me, and you use the term "forum *LOSERS*"?

The only ones I know of are the ones almost everyone seems to know of - Ted Koppel apparently owns a home here, and Tom Clancy has a home somewhere up near Huntingtown in Calvert.

RoseRed

American Beauty
PREMO Member
Doesn't Doug Hill (the weather guy) have a place down by Piney Point lighthouse?

nomoney

Originally posted by Chasey_Lane
I've eaten lunch with Otter before. :popcorn: Top that! :popcorn:

:yeahthat:
Hey otter; if you used to date that lady from Indiana Jones; does that mean your famous? (I saw her the other night in Sandlot and thought of you).

Otter

Nothing to see here
Originally posted by nomoney
:yeahthat:
Hey otter; if you used to date that lady from Indiana Jones; does that mean your famous? (I saw her the other night in Sandlot and thought of you).

Sandlot...one of my favorite movies...that was based on a true story in Lexington Park, I think..

Otter

Nothing to see here
I hear that the real Washingtonienne lives in Charles County and posts on this board.

nomoney

Originally posted by cariblue
He lives in St. Inigoes off of Grayson.

so; have you been able to use your night vision goggles yet :confused: or are you still just in the going through his trash phase?